Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mel Tucker is a terrible coach

I assume it was a joke. The only thing MSU could offer him is playing time, and hope he doesn't notice that their QBs tend to do the opposite of "developing into a decent QB" while in East Lansing

Yeah I forgot the nfl is littered with starting qbs that developed under that qb guru Harbs.

The most success a Michigan qb has had after leaving UM under harbs is Brandon Peters starting at Illinois

I assume it was a joke. The only thing MSU could offer him is playing time, and hope he doesn't notice that their QBs tend to do the opposite of "developing into a decent QB" while in East Lansing

they could offer him at least 2 receivers better than anyone on uofm's roster...

I'm sure he'll be here soon to let everyone know that a crystal ball just flipped to msu for 5 star qb Dante Moore last night.

I can hear it now, it's a done deal, the program is picking up a lot of steam, chatter from Moore's mom's gynecologist's babysitter's cousin's girlfriend who saw Moore wearing a green t-shirt that's slightly closer to Spartan green than duck green. Then when it doesn't happen (obviously), no big deal, Moore was a plan B guy to back up Houser in case he goes down after a possible Kim injury due to Thorne being unavailable because the staff is really big on Thorne (plan A), then Kim (plan 2A) then Houser (plan 3A), then possibly Moore if those other 3 guys don't work out. I sure hope none of those guys hears about the portal.

Last edited:
Yeah I forgot the nfl is littered with starting qbs that developed under that qb guru Harbs.

The most success a Michigan qb has had after leaving UM under harbs is Brandon Peters starting at Illinois

He built Stanford into a solid team and put Andrew Luck in the NFL, before going to the 49ers.

Rudock made an NFL roster.

Shea Patterson improved and played well for two seasons. he was never going to make a pro roster. too short.

Compare and contrast with Lewerke, Rocky Lombardi, Peyton Thorne...

He built Stanford into a solid team and put Andrew Luck in the NFL, before going to the 49ers.

Rudock made an NFL roster.

Shea Patterson improved and played well for two seasons. he was never going to make a pro roster. too short.

Compare and contrast with Lewerke, Rocky Lombardi, Peyton Thorne...

yeah, tough to bring a guy like Andrew Luck along and get him in the NFL - not much to work with, harbs did a great job there.

Rudock played 1 year at uofm after transferring from Iowa - harbs did some amazing work in that one year though.

And just look at what he's doing with JJ McCarthy - so far's he turned that 5 star prospect into a pretty solid game manager. Dude's gonna tear up the league in a couple years, for sure.

If you're going back to '08 for Harbaugh, why just look at the current and 2 previous MSU QBs?

I guess just keep changing the argument you're making until you can declare victory, over something.

Anyways... yeah, so as I was saying, if I'm a 5-star QB, I can't see any reason to go to State - currently a dumpster fire which might get worse or might get better, coached by a staff with no track record of developing QBs (or players in any position really) - unless MSU boosters are paying me a lot of money. EDIT: ...somehow outbidding Nike

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess just keep changing the argument you're making until you can declare victory, over something.

Anyways... yeah, so as I was saying, if I'm a 5-star QB, I can't see any reason to go to State - currently a dumpster fire which might get worse or might get better, coached by a staff with no track record of developing QBs (or players in any position really) - unless MSU boosters are paying me a lot of money. EDIT: ...somehow outbidding Nike

picking apart your dumb argument isn't changing the argument and ?anyway? isn't plural. Also, no one on this board is arguing that Moore is flipping from Oregon to MSU - you're making up that argument and having it with yourself.

Last edited:
yeah, tough to bring a guy like Andrew Luck along and get him in the NFL - not much to work with, harbs did a great job there.

Rudock played 1 year at uofm after transferring from Iowa - harbs did some amazing work in that one year though.

And just look at what he's doing with JJ McCarthy - so far's he turned that 5 star prospect into a pretty solid game manager. Dude's gonna tear up the league in a couple years, for sure.

If you're going back to '08 for Harbaugh, why just look at the current and 2 previous MSU QBs?

Similar to Harbaugh being an incredible QB whisperer we should also give Chuck Daly full marks for taking the Dream Team and winning a gold medal with them, clearly all his guidance and development to have them beat some stiff international competition.

You could have made me Stanford?s head coach or QB coach and Andrew luck would have made the NFL.

Last edited:
This is making the rounds in the dark web chat rooms - Arch Manning and CJ Carr consider opening up their recruitments and taking official visit to East Lansing - TOGETHER!

I hope MC stops by to explain why this is probably not true and that we shouldn't be getting our hopes up.

Last edited:
This is making the rounds in the dark web chat rooms - Arch Manning and CJ Carr consider opening up their recruitments and taking official visit to East Lansing - TOGETHER!

I hope MC stops by to explain why this is probably not true and that we shouldn't be getting our hopes up.

no, it seems to me like you guys do understand your program is a steaming pile of dog shit, and I don't need to chime in any further

no, it seems to me like you guys do understand your program is a steaming pile of dog shit, and I don't need to chime in any further

and yet it still took MSU shooting themselves in the foot late in the game with the second blown punt snap for uofm to pull away. But I'm sure they'd steamroll TN & AL, probably GA too. I bet they could attempt 3 or 4 FGs against Alabama and maybe even 5 against TN - at least they probably would have 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if they could still do it this late in the season though but we could find out since now that Alabama has 2 losses, they could end up playing them in a bowl game if they lose to osu.

Last edited:
Back