Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Men's Basketball Schedule 2020-21

Yes. Michigan is a #1 seed

We still have to wait until the result of the play-in game between Mt. St. Mary's and Texas Southern

I like Michigan's chances in game 1

Michigan's game-time and tv announced

3PM EDT on CBS

Good time for me

Mt. St. Mary's plays Texas Southern Thursday at 5:10 on TruTV

Michigan beats Texas Christian in a game that probably wasn't as close as the final score

Howard started subbing a lot with 8 minutes to go in the first half while up by 20

Texas Christian was irritating at the end there as they wouldn't give up, even fouling Smith with 14 seconds to go down 14 or so.

The refs were horribly inconsistent, as usual, both for and against Michigan. That is happening a lot in this tournament.

Next up is LSU (the team that is supposed to destroy Michigan) on Monday at 7:10pm on CBS

Last edited:
who is saying LSU is going to destroy us?

Oh, I was watching the selection show and they were going on and on about how LSU is going to definitely take out Michigan and, if by some chance they don't, then FSU will definitely beat Michigan

Then others here and there have been saying it. I don't have any particular names or links, but the chatter is out there

Maybe they haven't been saying "destroy." That's a small exaggeration for effect on my part.

I gotcha. I think we'll be better going forward than we were at the end of the season.

It's one thing to be playing a game a couple days after losing Livers, and another with after practicing without him and coaching the rest of the team to be ready.

What was Chaundee Brown's deal? I didn't see the game, but looks like he didn't play much. did he get hurt? early foul trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotcha. I think we'll be better going forward than we were at the end of the season.

It's one thing to be playing a game a couple days after losing Livers, and another with after practicing without him and coaching the rest of the team to be ready.

What was Chaundee Brown's deal? I didn't see the game, but looks like he didn't play much. did he get hurt? early foul trouble?

The refs in several games this tournament have been horribly inconsistent. Chaundee got hit with his 2nd foul about 12 minutes into the game. Michigan was up by almost 20 at the time. I think that one of the 2 foul calls on him was a real head scratcher. They brought in Zeb Jackson and T. Williams for some major minutes after that and Michigan hung right around that 20 point lead mark.

Talking heads at the end of the game were talking about how Texas Southern outplayed Michigan in the 2nd half...I was like, whatever...

Updated the schedule with the result from the game against LSU. Awesome win!!

Moving on

Next up is Florida State on Sunday at 5pm on CBS. Another tough match-up

Go Blue!!

Updated schedule with result; Big win over FSU

and

Opponent, time and TV for the elite 8 Match-up!

I think it is a horrible decision to push Michigan to the late time slot.

Go Blue!

I'm just curious H. Why do you think it's a bad decision to move us to the late spot.. I agree with usc Should be late game

I'm just curious H. Why do you think it's a bad decision to move us to the late spot.. I agree with usc Should be late game

Michigan is in the Eastern Time Zone. Both Gonzaga and USC are in the Pacific time zone. People in Michigan will be watching the game at 10pm on a Tuesday night. People that are Gonzaga and USC fans will have to try to tune in at 4pm local time. It makes no sense. They could switch it and it would be 7pm for both areas. The only fans that benefit from this scenario are the UCLA fans and they are an 11 seed.

Michigan is in the Eastern Time Zone. Both Gonzaga and USC are in the Pacific time zone. People in Michigan will be watching the game at 10pm on a Tuesday night. People that are Gonzaga and USC fans will have to try to tune in at 4pm local time. It makes no sense. They could switch it and it would be 7pm for both areas. The only fans that benefit from this scenario are the UCLA fans and they are an 11 seed.

Makes to much sense . My guess then it's for ratings

Updated the schedule with the results of the game against UCLA

Tough pill to swallow that loss. The season on the whole was awesome. The game against UCLA was there for the taking. It would have been nice to get one more and to be able to watch them hang a banner.

Sad, too, is that the season is over. I was really having a lot of fun watching this team.

Updated the schedule with the results of the game against UCLA

Tough pill to swallow that loss. The season on the whole was awesome. The game against UCLA was there for the taking. It would have been nice to get one more and to be able to watch them hang a banner.

Sad, too, is that the season is over. I was really having a lot of fun watching this team.

Me too.

I was really looking forward to one final weekend like we had (technically still) last season with baseball, which also a lot of fun.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing - I expect that we - and by we, I mean we, Michigan Nation - I expect we’re going to see a banner hung for the Big 10 Championship this season.

I don’t expect to that banner being taken down.

Last edited:
Me too.

I was really looking forward to one final weekend like we had (technically still) last season with baseball, which also a lot of fun.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing - I expect that we - and by we, I mean we, Michigan Nation - I expect we?re going to see a banner hung for the Big 10 Championship this season.

I don?t expect to that banner being taken down.

You're right about the big 10 championship banner

I should have been more specific and stated, a final 4 banner or 2 banners.

Back