Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mich St/Georgia Game Thread

Georgia had never lost to a B1G team in a bowl, they were 7-0. Glad to get a close win. 22 wins in 2 years is a heck of a run.

The defense won the game for us, a few big passes by GA was about it, Gholston was an animal and he should be a preseason all American in 2012. Glad we won for these Seniors and glad we saved a little face for the B1G.

johnny2x2x said:
Georgia had never lost to a B1G team in a bowl, they were 7-0. Glad to get a close win. 22 wins in 2 years is a heck of a run.

The defense won the game for us, a few big passes by GA was about it, Gholston was an animal and he should be a preseason all American in 2012. Glad we won for these Seniors and glad we saved a little face for the B1G.

defense will be crazy good if worthy and gholston both return....doubt it happens though.

mhughes0021 said:
johnny2x2x said:

defense will be crazy good if worthy and gholston both return....doubt it happens though.

Gholston isn't going anywhere, but Worthy is gone. White today showed that when he is healthy he is an impact player and we have plenty of depth at DT and a very good SEC transfer in Kittridge who be eligible to play in 2012. Defense was great against a team that should contend for a National Title in 2012.

Wisky looking good so far.

johnny2x2x said:
mhughes0021 said:

Gholston isn't going anywhere, but Worthy is gone. White today showed that when he is healthy he is an impact player and we have plenty of depth at DT and a very good SEC transfer in Kittridge who be eligible to play in 2012. Defense was great against a team that should contend for a National Title in 2012.

Nice. I loved spartys D this year..played with alot of attitude.

Adams, Lewis and Robinson gone in the secondary too or are they back?

mhughes0021 said:
johnny2x2x said:

Nice. I loved spartys D this year..played with alot of attitude.

Adams, Lewis and Robinson gone in the secondary too or are they back?

Just Robinson

Thanks for the congratulations. This is the only time I'll admit it, but I'll be rooting for Michigan tomorrow. Got to rep the B1G. Rooting for Wisky right now.

Of the starters today on defense, we lose Robinson and probably Worthy, the rest are back. Looking forward to 2012 and I'm getting tickets to the game in Ann Arbor for sure.

Arguably, State was involved in 3 of the most exciting games of the year, Wisky 2X and Georgia. We went 2-1 in those close games.

A bit of honesty here, a loss today and it would have nullified the whole year to me, we basically would have accomplished nothing other than beating Michigan. This game meant a lot to the program.

Thanks to all, honestly though, I thought we would lose. I feel much better wit this Bowl Monkey off our back. It was a great win against a real good team and it took guts to comeback the way they did.

that and fuck the sec. You guys ever see georgia fans talkin on espn and always bring ip that sex has won the NCs? Like they take credit for it more than any other team I've seen

Maize&Cheese304 said:
that and fuck the sec. You guys ever see georgia fans talkin on espn and always bring ip that sex has won the NCs? Like they take credit for it more than any other team I've seen

Sex has won ? LOL, I know what you mean man, just thought it was funny :)

I do that almost everytime I type sec lol. Guess I'm just your typically 21yr old guy lol

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I do that almost everytime I type sec lol. Guess I'm just your typically 21yr old guy lol

LOL, everyone of us have made those same mistakes at one point or another, just funny catching it :)

Congratulations, Spartans, on your team's gritty, determined performance today.

Anthony Rashard White played a whale of a game, 7 tackles, 3 TFL, and the blocked FG. Guy actually made more plays than Worthy who had a good game too. White will be a force next year, his only problem is he was hurt half the year, otherwise he was our starter opposite Worthy.

Gholston had a monster game, 7 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks, fumble recovery, pass block. Us Spartan fans know we have Big Will for one more year and that's it, he put's on 10 more pounds and keeps his speed and he's a top 10 pick.

johnny2x2x said:
Anthony Rashard White played a whale of a game, 7 tackles, 3 TFL, and the blocked FG. Guy actually made more plays than Worthy who had a good game too. White will be a force next year, his only problem is he was hurt half the year, otherwise he was our starter opposite Worthy.

Gholston had a monster game, 7 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks, fumble recovery, pass block. Us Spartan fans know we have Big Will for one more year and that's it, he put's on 10 more pounds and keeps his speed and he's a top 10 pick.

Without a doubt.

went to this game.. unbelievable game.. my voice is absolutely gone .. so worth it though

Back