Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting 2021 Thread

It would be great if this guy becomes a good player, but it'll be a few years. In the mean time, here's to hoping the transfer portal finds us a couple guys.

Edwards upgraded to 5 stars.

Sure hope Mike Hart can translate that into solid RB play for UM. Kid is a true leader too, pushing others to be better and staying focused. We have needed that since 2005... if they had somsone like him around before App State, would have been a different game and season. Been paying for that ever since. Maybe this kid gets things turned around.

Sure hope Mike Hart can translate that into solid RB play for UM. Kid is a true leader too, pushing others to be better and staying focused. We have needed that since 2005... if they had somsone like him around before App State, would have been a different game and season. Been paying for that ever since. Maybe this kid gets things turned around.

App St was one dumb game, and it had no outcome on anything beyond that season. Carr was going to retire regardless.

Do you mean a coach like him at the time? Mike Hart played against App State. He had nothing to do with the loss as he was great. 23 carries, 188 yards, 8.2 YPC, 3 TDs. The passing game and defense were atrocious that day.

Hart rode the exercise bike for 3 quarters

Michigan got the lead, got the ball back, and only needed 1 first down to clinch the win

Lloyd ran the other guy into the line 3 times and punted back to App St

Hart rode the exercise bike for 3 quarters

Michigan got the lead, got the ball back, and only needed 1 first down to clinch the win

Lloyd ran the other guy into the line 3 times and punted back to App St

I remember constantly questioning why Minor got 13 carries that day. He averaged like 3.5 YPC while Hart was shredding their D. Really bad decision by the staff.

Do you mean a coach like him at the time? Mike Hart played against App State. He had nothing to do with the loss as he was great. 23 carries, 188 yards, 8.2 YPC, 3 TDs. The passing game and defense were atrocious that day.

I am talking about a leader who does not condone or encourage taking any opponent lightly. A RB who will hit the sled to help a lineman with their drill and then challenge them to do it more than the coach planned. A guy who checks on his teammates in the weight room.

He is a leader in ways that remind me of Stevie Y for the Wings.

If they had a leader like that, they would not have partied and taken App St so lightly, and likely won the game handily.

Yes Carr was retiring anyway, but a tone was set from that game, a stigma that still hangs over the program to this day due to all the dominoes that fell afterward.

The program was struggling before that game was played in no small part due to lack of leaders like I hope this kid will be.

We know how focused OSU is on beating UM every year, this kid could help match that. As a fan who desires UM beating OSU again, I see leadership as a massive deficit. This kid lead his high school over the hump to get their first championship, I am hoping he can bring that same intensity and inner strength to bear in defeating OSU.

And before anyone says that is too much to ask of a kid, he wants it...that fire is already in him. I am not placing anything upon him, he has willingly embraced that mindset on his own. Focused determination and leadership like his are rare. Be thankful he has it and hope it translates to a UM victory over OSU.

The flux of kids coming and going will continue to destabilize the college football landscape. Which, perhaps, may in turn deemphasize its “importance” in our society. It’s a little out of proportion presently, in my opinion.

The flux of kids coming and going will continue to destabilize the college football landscape. Which, perhaps, may in turn deemphasize its ?importance? in our society. It?s a little out of proportion presently, in my opinion.

Martin wasn't a surprise. Longtime connection with Brown.

Flipped 4-Star DT Rayshaun Benny from Sparty today. He was the most important recruit in their class and now he's Blue. Also a position of desperate need!
tenor.gif

Also flipped 3-Star DT Ikechukwu Iwunnah from Colorado. Not highly rated, but DT sized at 6'4 275. It seems the staff has FINALLY realized how much you need DTs in every recruiting class.

Flipped 4-Star DT Rayshaun Benny from Sparty today. He was the most important recruit in their class and now he's Blue. Also a position of desperate need!
tenor.gif

Also flipped 3-Star DT Ikechukwu Iwunnah from Colorado. Not highly rated, but DT sized at 6'4 275. It seems the staff has FINALLY realized how much you need DTs in every recruiting class.

Greatest episode, ever!

Oh yeah, good on the DTs, hope they pan out

Xavier Worthy is asking to be released from his NLI. Graduated early from high school and wanted to enroll early at UM, but admissions has denied that for him. Now the program gets to lose their best WR recruit. Awesome.

EzB0ggOVoAEs72J

Curious thought...in a situation like Xavier's, if he gets his academics squared away at another school, he would be eligible to enter Transfer Portal and come to UM that way, correct? Not saying anyone would do that, just thinking it would be possible...or should be IMO.

Curious thought...in a situation like Xavier's, if he gets his academics squared away at another school, he would be eligible to enter Transfer Portal and come to UM that way, correct? Not saying anyone would do that, just thinking it would be possible...or should be IMO.

Probably not since it's so hard to get undergraduate credits to transfer to Michigan.

Back