Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MICHIGAN @ Minnesota LBJ Night Game

Keep forgetting that Minnesota had 2 potential 1st round picks on offense, Morgan and Bateman. So maybe I was a little hard on the defense. Still need more consistency.

It is now officially Michigan State week.........GoBlue!!!!!!

So many quirky plays in this game. Hard to tell how good this team really is. MSU game not likely to shed much light on that either. IU will be the first test of the season. It will be good to have the first two games under their belt.

Lost in all the yards surrendered is the fact that the defense gave up a total of 7 points in the 2nd half, the 7 coming on the first drive.

This defense is going to be a bend but don't break d. They're going to get annihilated by OSU. When they're not facing an offense compromised of 5* talent at all 11 spots they're going to be serviceable. Maybe just serviceable for this offense to outscore most teams.

Wisconsin and OSU are the teams to worry about. Penn State is just below those two, but their QB is shaky and there's no KJ Hamler to bail him out (with Carlo Kemp in coverage) anymore. If Michigan gets past Wisconsin u defeated they could be looking at another showdown with osu for a B1G championship game and CFP appearance. I still don't like those odds but I think it will be a fun year anyway.

Go Blue!

Checked fb and too many people bitching about Milton not throwing for more yards. Minnesota has an excellent pass defense. I'm happy with what ive seen

Coming into the game, everyone figured Michigan would run the ball a lot. Then when they do, people are mad. Typical.

So many quirky plays in this game. Hard to tell how good this team really is. MSU game not likely to shed much light on that either. IU will be the first test of the season. It will be good to have the first two games under their belt.

This was the first test of the season and Michigan passed

Obviously, they had some problems. No one expected perfection, though. They have to clean up the penalty situation.

I thought the D played well. A lot of bitching about the D here. Minnesota is supposed to have a good offense. They had a really short field on the blocked punt and a crap offensive PI led to another long drive. Michigan still held them to 24 points. I didn't expect Michigan to shut them out.

Lost in all the yards surrendered is the fact that the defense gave up a total of 7 points in the 2nd half, the 7 coming on the first drive.

This defense is going to be a bend but don't break d. They're going to get annihilated by OSU. When they're not facing an offense compromised of 5* talent at all 11 spots they're going to be serviceable. Maybe just serviceable for this offense to outscore most teams.

Wisconsin and OSU are the teams to worry about. Penn State is just below those two, but their QB is shaky and there's no KJ Hamler to bail him out (with Carlo Kemp in coverage) anymore. If Michigan gets past Wisconsin u defeated they could be looking at another showdown with osu for a B1G championship game and CFP appearance. I still don't like those odds but I think it will be a fun year anyway.

Go Blue!

right

the D looked shakey at times, but did well overall

OSU is in 8 weeks. Hopefully, the D improves from now until then.

Back