Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan to play Iowa as last football opponent

hungry

Wtf?

Iowa finished in 2nd place

Michigan finished in last

How is that a good crossover game?

Should be Purdue, Illinois, or Nebraska

I'm confused

Wow! Big 10 is stupid as Hell

MSU vs Maryland? That is not a crossover game

Wisconsin vs Minnesota? Wtf?

Purdue vs IU? 2nd place vs last place again?

This is one of the stupidest things I've seen

Didn't they say it would be relative to where the teams finished? In this case just have Northwestern play Rutgers in the championship game, amirite?

Didn't they say it would be relative to where the teams finished? In this case just have Northwestern play Rutgers in the championship game, amirite?

Yep

was supposed to be 1v1, 2vs2, 3vs3, and so on

Switch things a little in case they already faced each other

Instead we get this shit show

B1G is run by a bunch of idiots, but I guess, we already knew that

Is Ohio State versus Northwestern the Big Ten championship game? Did they change the rules so Ohio State could qualify?

Is Ohio State versus Northwestern the Big Ten championship game? Did they change the rules so Ohio State could qualify?

To answer my own question yes. I guess I?m the only one here who didn?t know the news, but like everybody else here I certainly figured it was going to happen.

Here is the B1G.

?We haven?t changed our rules, you folks misinterpreted them from the start. Our rules were a team had to have six games played to be eligible to win the conference championship. You interpreted that as meaning that was required to play for the conference championship. At the end of the conference championship game, Ohio state will in fact have the required six games played to be eligible to win the conference championship.?

OK, not really. I made that up. You guys probably figured that out too!

To answer my own question yes. I guess I?m the only one here who didn?t know the news, but like everybody else here I certainly figured it was going to happen.

Here is the B1G.

?We haven?t changed our rules, you folks misinterpreted them from the start. Our rules were a team had to have six games played to be eligible to win the conference championship. You interpreted that as meaning that was required to play for the conference championship. At the end of the conference championship game, Ohio state will in fact have the required six games played to be eligible to win the conference championship.?

You really had us going there, tinsel.

I don't remember this story about TinselWolverine meeting Dinozzo

When Iowa drops 40+ on us will that be enough to get rid of Jim?

Last edited:

Here is the B1G.

I think I heard they rationalized it by saying "even if UM would have won that game, OSU would still be in the Championship game over IU because they won the head to head" which can be translated to "OSU gives the BIG the best chance for a huge payday if they make it to the playoff"

I think I heard they rationalized it by saying "even if UM would have won that game, OSU would still be in the Championship game over IU because they won the head to head" which can be translated to "OSU gives the BIG the best chance for a huge payday if they make it to the playoff"

Yes that?s what really happened.

They could just as well have gone with my version.

Translation would have been the same.

Back