Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan WINS... YEAH!!!

Michchamp

Solid effort today, guys. Great win.

Really proud of this message board and the players on the team for pulling together and overcoming adversity. No one else on this planet could have accomplished what we did today. Go Blue.

Solid win. Concern for play calling in the red zone. We will see how JJ does next week.

Saw a story on the ESPN website about Cade not being happy. I hope this QB situation doesn't turn into a distraction for the team. Cade obviously has supporters among the players since he was voted to be a captain. If it turns into a situation where part of the team supports Cade and the other part supports JJ, it will not be good. I can see it hurting the overall morale of the team.

Seems the whole QB debate is being forced on the program by outsider sparties, buckeyes and the dumb ass ?media/Twitter/message boards/FoxNewsLikeSportsWorld?

Coach has done things perfectly, IMO. Put Cade out there for the inevitable first game jitters to get it done and he did. Rewatch the game and you?ll see Bell drop a pass, WR stumble on the INT and other typical ?first game issues.? It?s why most teams play cupcakes in week 1 in order to shake the rust off, including late-80s Holtz teams playing UM in their Week 2/UM Game 1 until we scheduled BC in 1991 and cite the Phil Brabbs kick to beat UW and certainly tonight?s FSU/LSU game as examples.
So the ?JJ Camp? are full on projecting stats upon the Hawaii game because of the 2nd half numbers vs CSU (cough/bullshit) and dig on Cade for things that very well might have happened with JJ out there.

Instead we get a balanced blowout victory over a week 1 cupcake taking about a full half to get going, as usual.

Now JJ - don?t call me shades of Tater Tot Forcier - gets to start against Hawaii, a program never known for its defensive prowess in Ann Arbor in Week 2. It?s all set up the way Coach intended, if JJ lights it up and goes all Marcus Mariota, he will be named starter, predicted by some to win the HEISMAN, score 7 TDs in Columbus and win back to back titles. But, if that doesn?t happen, you ?name Cade starter? for freaking UConn and let JJ chill OR he shows out for Hawaii, is named the starter for UConn, Cade still plays and we move along as I think most fans expect to happen.

Cade also has to accept that he had the terms right in front of him and lost the competition fair and square and bring on Conference play.

Masterful by Harbaugh ?.genius and adding the whole Ecclesiastes thing, brilliant!

My 2-cents ? GoBlue and lol @ BlurpleFace Kelly loss tonight and noter dame losing to the bucks. Go BigTen !!

Masterful by Harbaugh ?.genius and adding the whole Ecclesiastes thing, brilliant!

My 2-cents ? GoBlue and lol @ BlurpleFace Kelly loss tonight and noter dame losing to the bucks. Go BigTen !!

There has always been competition for reps for every position in Michigan football including quarterback.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun.

For everything there is a season

A Time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to pluck

A time to kill, a time to be healed
A time to tear down, and a time to build

A time two weep, a time to laugh
A time to mourn, and a time to dance

A time together stones and a time to scatter them
A time to embrace at a time to refrain

A time to search and a time to give up
A time to keep and a time to throw away

A time to tear the time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak

A time to love and a time to hate
A time for war and a time for peace

And a time
And a season
for football

Go Blue!

Seems the whole QB debate is being forced on the program by outsider sparties, buckeyes and the dumb ass ?media/Twitter/message boards/FoxNewsLikeSportsWorld?

Coach has done things perfectly, IMO. Put Cade out there for the inevitable first game jitters to get it done and he did. Rewatch the game and you?ll see Bell drop a pass, WR stumble on the INT and other typical ?first game issues.? It?s why most teams play cupcakes in week 1 in order to shake the rust off, including late-80s Holtz teams playing UM in their Week 2/UM Game 1 until we scheduled BC in 1991 and cite the Phil Brabbs kick to beat UW and certainly tonight?s FSU/LSU game as examples.
So the ?JJ Camp? are full on projecting stats upon the Hawaii game because of the 2nd half numbers vs CSU (cough/bullshit) and dig on Cade for things that very well might have happened with JJ out there.

Instead we get a balanced blowout victory over a week 1 cupcake taking about a full half to get going, as usual.

Now JJ - don?t call me shades of Tater Tot Forcier - gets to start against Hawaii, a program never known for its defensive prowess in Ann Arbor in Week 2. It?s all set up the way Coach intended, if JJ lights it up and goes all Marcus Mariota, he will be named starter, predicted by some to win the HEISMAN, score 7 TDs in Columbus and win back to back titles. But, if that doesn?t happen, you ?name Cade starter? for freaking UConn and let JJ chill OR he shows out for Hawaii, is named the starter for UConn, Cade still plays and we move along as I think most fans expect to happen.

Cade also has to accept that he had the terms right in front of him and lost the competition fair and square and bring on Conference play.

Cade didn't do much against a really bad team. Yes, Bell had the drop and All slipped on the non-INT. Remove those two passes and Cade was 9/16 with 75 yards outside of the 61 yard screen pass to Roman Wilson. Anyone can throw that bubble screen and let Roman YAC for all 61 yards.

JJ in limited reps put up 50 yards rushing on 3 attempts with a TD and 30 yards passing by taking what the defense gave him. I love Cade for leading the team to the first Big 10 Championship in 17 years, but the week 1 "audition" for him did not go well. He left the door WIDE open for JJ.

Last edited:
I'd agree that JJ looked a little better out there than Cade, but he was asked to do a lot less, and came in with the outcome already settled and the opponent's defense exhausted.

And you can't discount Cade's performance because CSU is a lousy opponent, and then ignore that same issue when touting JJ's performance.

Let's see him run 3 times for 50 yards and a TD against Iowa or even MSU (without getting hurt) before we get excited about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree that JJ looked a little better out there than Cade, but he was asked to do a lot less, and came in with the outcome already settled and the opponent's defense exhausted.

And you can't discount Cade's performance because CSU is a lousy opponent, and then ignore that same issue when touting JJ's performance.

Let's see him run 3 times for 50 yards and a TD against Iowa or even MSU (without getting hurt) before we get excited about it.

JJ is a threat with his feet and someone a defense has to pay attention to in the run game. Michael Barrett discussed the difficulty of defending JJ because of that threat this week. A threat in the run game is something Cade simply is not. Cade has 25 career rushing yards.

It can be a huge advantage in their competition for starter if JJ performs well in the pass game.

Cade didn't do much against a really bad team. Yes, Bell had the drop and All slipped on the non-INT. Remove those two passes and Cade was 9/16 with 75 yards outside of the 61 yard screen pass to Roman Wilson. Anyone can throw that bubble screen and let Roman YAC for all 61 yards.

JJ in limited reps put up 50 yards rushing on 3 attempts with a TD and 30 yards passing by taking what the defense gave him. I love Cade for leading the team to the first Big 10 Championship in 17 years, but the week 1 "audition" for him did not go well. He left the door WIDE open for JJ.

Agreed and why I think Coach handled it perfectly and traditionally. Deferred to the upperclassman from last year, QB like Cade.

And again, almost every ?good? team took a half to get going and I know Coach put Cade in that spot to manage us through it.

Biggest fear for me by far is JJ getting badly injured, unnecessarily on a run. Blown knee, whatever. Rather have the platoon all season if that?s the cost.

Well... handling it *perfectly* would be having a starter named at the end of camp, but this might be okay too

JJ is a threat with his feet and someone a defense has to pay attention to in the run game. Michael Barrett discussed the difficulty of defending JJ because of that threat this week. A threat in the run game is something Cade simply is not. Cade has 25 career rushing yards.

It can be a huge advantage in their competition for starter if JJ performs well in the pass game.

Denard was a threat with his feet too, but as I recall the better teams handled it pretty well. JJ will do well and put up big numbers vs lesser opponents, but when it comes to teams with better defenses will it continue or will we back to the Denard years?

Denard was a threat with his feet too, but as I recall the better teams handled it pretty well. JJ will do well and put up big numbers vs lesser opponents, but when it comes to teams with better defenses will it continue or will we back to the Denard years?

Denard was a run first QB. That is not what JJ is. Really no one uses a run first QB like Denard was anymore.

Back