Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Milliner's had 5 surgeries this offseason

George bush doesn't care about black people.. See how ignorant you sound??

He didnt care about females or gays either....whats your point? Darrele revis had surgery....he has $ 16 mil a year now. So ill say again...whats your point?

He didnt care about females or gays either....whats your point? Darrele revis had surgery....he has $ 16 mil a year now. So ill say again...whats your point?

I think his point is that your occasional good point is overshadowed by your trollish nature.

Well i could be more like you and not give an opionion on the matter at all. Oh weird.....thats the definition of troll.

5 surgeries and still recovering from one....sounds like a lock that Mayhew trades up to get him!

Anyone who made fun of Mayhew for taking Broyles, Delmas, Bentley, Greenwod and Best and their injuries should want to steer clear of this guy now IMO.

Give me Johnson or Jordan.

Here's a litle bit of the alternative for you. Not much....just broken shoulders, fractured necks, torn abs during OTAs...no big deal. Bartell has been injured his entire career and was replaced by a safety once he got healthy in oak. Bentley is a skinny midget and were looking for "bigger" corners. Greenwood hasnt even made it thru a practice yet.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Raiders CB Ronald Bartell has been diagnosed with a broken left shoulder blade, and will be sidelined a minimum of four weeks.
Limited to just one game by a severe neck injury last season, Bartell entered Week 1 as the Raiders' starting left corner. He's now in line to miss as much as two months. He'll be replaced by Pat Lee. Bartell was having a rough game in Monday's loss before going down. Bartell had missed only two games in five years before getting hurt in Week 1 last season.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Raiders CB Ronald Bartell left Monday night's game against the Chargers with elbow and shoulder injuries and will not return.
Trainers were working on Bartell on the Oakland sideline. He has been victimized by Philip Rivers, giving up gains of 23 yards and 46 yards. Pat Lee replaced Bartell in the lineup.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Raiders CB Ronald Bartell is fully healed from the neck injury that forced him to miss all but one game with the Rams last season.
"I've been completely (healed) and 100 percent since about March," Bartell said. "I feel great." He's been told that he's in no increased risk of injury as a result of the neck surgery. Bartell and Shawntae Spencer ran as the starting cornerbacks in Tuesday's practice.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Free agent CB Ron Bartell will reportedly visit the Raiders.
Bartell was recently released by the Rams in a salary cap move after a fractured neck limited him to one game last season. Bartell finished fifth in Football Outsiders' Success Rate (65 percent) and yards per pass (5.2) back in 2010. Doctors have advised that his neck injury doesn't put him at any increased risk going forward.
Related: Raiders

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Rams CB Ronald Bartell (fractured neck) said Monday that he plans to play football in 2012.
Bartell, who turns 30 next month, has been informed by doctors that he's at no extra risk after fracturing two bones in his neck in Week 1 of the 2011 season. Bartell is the Rams' longest-tenured defensive player. A new front office will decide whether paying his $6.2 million 2012 salary is worth it.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Rams LCB Ronald Bartell (injured reserve, neck) has been given a clean bill of health.
Bartell's future was up in the air after he fractured his neck in Week 1, but he was able to avoid surgery, and is expected to be 100 percent healthy for 2012. Bartell's 2012 salary of $6.2 million is steep for a player coming off major injury, but the Rams will likely gladly pay it considering the trouble they've had keeping cornerbacks healthy this season.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch Sat, Dec 17, 2011 01:16:00 PM

Lions CB Bill Bentley underwent a second surgery this offseason to repair his dislocated shoulder.
Bentley's initial surgery took place in November, and it sounds like he had another in late January or February. He still figures to be ready for 2013 training camp, barring another setback. A third-round pick last April, Bentley flashed ball-hawking ability as a rookie but didn't cover receivers at a starting-caliber level. Feb 22 - 7:00 AM
Source: Detroit Free Press

Chris Greenwood - DB - Lions
Lions fifth-round CB Chris Greenwood is recovering from surgery to repair a torn lower abdomen muscle.
Greenwood suffered the injury during May OTAs, and missed minicamp as a result. He'll begin training camp on the active/PUP list. Greenwood is unsure of when he'll resume practicing. "I'm rehabbing now and running and jogging and hopefully I’ll be back sooner rather than later." The injury should kill Greenwood's chances of earning a starting job opposite Chris Houston

Last edited:
Has Milliner missed much time with all those injuries? I don't want to downplay anything, but NFL players get banged up all the time. It's more important to me that he can play through the minor stuff and isn't permanently harmed by anything major.

Has Milliner missed much time with all those injuries? I don't want to downplay anything, but NFL players get banged up all the time. It's more important to me that he can play through the minor stuff and isn't permanently harmed by anything major.

correct. bentley has been injured for close to a year and just had surgery again in feb cause his fragile little body cant heal. If he starts hes just going to be injured again by week 2. He needs to be a dime guy. Im not saying it has to be milliner.....but the other cb has got to be addressed. It been nothing but years of suck out of that position.

Here's a litle bit of the alternative for you. Not much....just broken shoulders, fractured necks, torn abs during OTAs...no big deal. Bartell has been injured his entire career and was replaced by a safety once he got healthy in oak. Bentley is a skinny midget and were looking for "bigger" corners. Greenwood hasnt even made it thru a practice yet.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Raiders CB Ronald Bartell has been diagnosed with a broken left shoulder blade, and will be sidelined a minimum of four weeks.
Limited to just one game by a severe neck injury last season, Bartell entered Week 1 as the Raiders' starting left corner. He's now in line to miss as much as two months. He'll be replaced by Pat Lee. Bartell was having a rough game in Monday's loss before going down. Bartell had missed only two games in five years before getting hurt in Week 1 last season.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Raiders CB Ronald Bartell left Monday night's game against the Chargers with elbow and shoulder injuries and will not return.
Trainers were working on Bartell on the Oakland sideline. He has been victimized by Philip Rivers, giving up gains of 23 yards and 46 yards. Pat Lee replaced Bartell in the lineup.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Raiders CB Ronald Bartell is fully healed from the neck injury that forced him to miss all but one game with the Rams last season.
"I've been completely (healed) and 100 percent since about March," Bartell said. "I feel great." He's been told that he's in no increased risk of injury as a result of the neck surgery. Bartell and Shawntae Spencer ran as the starting cornerbacks in Tuesday's practice.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Free agent CB Ron Bartell will reportedly visit the Raiders.
Bartell was recently released by the Rams in a salary cap move after a fractured neck limited him to one game last season. Bartell finished fifth in Football Outsiders' Success Rate (65 percent) and yards per pass (5.2) back in 2010. Doctors have advised that his neck injury doesn't put him at any increased risk going forward.
Related: Raiders

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Rams CB Ronald Bartell (fractured neck) said Monday that he plans to play football in 2012.
Bartell, who turns 30 next month, has been informed by doctors that he's at no extra risk after fracturing two bones in his neck in Week 1 of the 2011 season. Bartell is the Rams' longest-tenured defensive player. A new front office will decide whether paying his $6.2 million 2012 salary is worth it.

Ron Bartell - DB - Lions
Rams LCB Ronald Bartell (injured reserve, neck) has been given a clean bill of health.
Bartell's future was up in the air after he fractured his neck in Week 1, but he was able to avoid surgery, and is expected to be 100 percent healthy for 2012. Bartell's 2012 salary of $6.2 million is steep for a player coming off major injury, but the Rams will likely gladly pay it considering the trouble they've had keeping cornerbacks healthy this season.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch Sat, Dec 17, 2011 01:16:00 PM

Lions CB Bill Bentley underwent a second surgery this offseason to repair his dislocated shoulder.
Bentley's initial surgery took place in November, and it sounds like he had another in late January or February. He still figures to be ready for 2013 training camp, barring another setback. A third-round pick last April, Bentley flashed ball-hawking ability as a rookie but didn't cover receivers at a starting-caliber level. Feb 22 - 7:00 AM
Source: Detroit Free Press

Chris Greenwood - DB - Lions
Lions fifth-round CB Chris Greenwood is recovering from surgery to repair a torn lower abdomen muscle.
Greenwood suffered the injury during May OTAs, and missed minicamp as a result. He'll begin training camp on the active/PUP list. Greenwood is unsure of when he'll resume practicing. "I'm rehabbing now and running and jogging and hopefully I’ll be back sooner rather than later." The injury should kill Greenwood's chances of earning a starting job opposite Chris Houston

1) You said Bartlell got benched because he sucked in Oakland. Looks like injury to me. Caught in your own web of lies. And when he is healthy he's good, see 2010 season and 2012 against the Bears.

2) Picking an injured Bartell from the waiver wire is much different than using a top 5 pick on an injury risk like Milliner. Same with a late 3rd or 5th like Bentley or Greenwood who both weren't hurt at the time.

Avoid Milliner. Johnson or Jordan or trade down. And I could live with Ansah though he scares me.

Last edited:
1) You said Bartlell got benched because he sucked in Oakland. Looks like injury to me. Caught in your own web of lies. And when he is healthy he's good, see 2010 season and 2012 against the Bears.

2) Picking an injured Bartell from the waiver wire is much different than using a top 5 pick on an injury risk like Milliner. Same with a late 3rd or 5th like Bentley or Greenwood who both weren't hurt at the time.

Avoid Milliner. Johnson or Jordan or trade down. And I could live with Ansah though he scares me.

if you can figure out google one of these days you could find that after he was healthy he was benched in favor of Huff....a safety....cause he sucks. Then he was released.....cause he sucks.

Last edited:
if you can figure out google one of these days you could find that after he was healthy he was benched in favor of Huff....a safety....cause he sucks. Then he was released.....cause he sucks.

He was hurt and got benched and the injury could have affected his play when he returned. And he did a good job with Lions. It's the Raiders that suck, not Bartell as a Lion.

WEB OF LIIIIIIEEEEESSSS!

Report: Raiders to cut Ron Bartell

Posted by Josh Alper on December 10, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT

AP
The Raiders have spent a lot of time cleaning up the mistakes of the previous regime this season.

According to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com, they’ve decided to move on to cleaning up mistakes of the current regime as well. Williamson reports that the Raiders have told cornerback Ron Bartell that he will be released on Monday.

Bartell signed a one-year deal with the Raiders in March after he was released by the Rams following seven years in St. Louis. He missed all but one game in 2011 because of a neck injury and broke his shoulder blade in the season opener this year, landing him on injured reserve with the designation to return. He missed seven games, but has started the last five for 3-10 Oakland. He didn’t play particularly well, but, then, neither did too many others on the Oakland defense.

The timing indicates the Raiders would rather see what the likes of Michael Huff and Phillip Adams can do at cornerback and then move forward in the offseason with a fuller idea of what they need to do to improve the performance at cornerback and on the defense as a whole.

I don't care if he's Lem Barney if he only players a couple games a year.

WEB OF LIIIIIIEEEEESSSS!

Report: Raiders to cut Ron Bartell

Posted by Josh Alper on December 10, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT

AP
The Raiders have spent a lot of time cleaning up the mistakes of the previous regime this season.

According to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com, they’ve decided to move on to cleaning up mistakes of the current regime as well. Williamson reports that the Raiders have told cornerback Ron Bartell that he will be released on Monday.

Bartell signed a one-year deal with the Raiders in March after he was released by the Rams following seven years in St. Louis. He missed all but one game in 2011 because of a neck injury and broke his shoulder blade in the season opener this year, landing him on injured reserve with the designation to return. He missed seven games, but has started the last five for 3-10 Oakland. He didn’t play particularly well, but, then, neither did too many others on the Oakland defense.

The timing indicates the Raiders would rather see what the likes of Michael Huff and Phillip Adams can do at cornerback and then move forward in the offseason with a fuller idea of what they need to do to improve the performance at cornerback and on the defense as a whole.

Bartell actually had 2 good game grades and 2 solid prior to his release and only one bad (Cleveland game). It was all injury and dumbly experimenting with Huff not his play. He had solid play and they cut him and then he played well for the Lions. Raiders are dumb for cutting him. You're assuming it was a good move to cut him. You are dead wrong. He gave up 3 catches for 49 yards to Demaryius Thomas in his last Raider game. Raiders are really dumb. And the game before the Cleveland game he shut down AJ Green. Raiders are really really dumb. He gave up 2 catches for 29 yards to the Saints the game before that and 2 catches for 29 yards against Baltimore prior to that. Bartell was good last year.

Last edited:
Back