Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mo Linguist Gone

"pass game coordinator and defensive backs coach"

I don't think any of this stuff is particularly complicated, but I don't have any faith that the average college football assistant has the organizational skills and attention to detail to manage both of these tasks at the same time.

This season is either going to be a miraculous turnaround that proves everyone wrong, or an ugly slog to 5-7 (or worse) with Harbaugh retiring in December.

"pass game coordinator and defensive backs coach"

I don't think any of this stuff is particularly complicated, but I don't have any faith that the average college football assistant has the organizational skills and attention to detail to manage both of these tasks at the same time.

This season is either going to be a miraculous turnaround that proves everyone wrong, or an ugly slog to 5-7 (or worse) with Harbaugh retiring in December.

Clink is a great secondary coach. He was the best option out there after Linguist left, so this is a win.

I still think the season is going to hover around 6-6. The defense isn't good enough at CB, DT, or LB for it to be better.

Ronnie Bell is a solid WR, but he's no gamebreaker as the #1. All the other WRs are question marks. TE is Erick "Drops" All passes and not much else. QB is a big question mark along with the coaches ability to call a cohesive game and allow the team to play with any semblance of tempo other than snail.

I thought they would get Clinkscale before they got MO. It all worked out in the end.

Maybe he is defensive passing game coordinator?

I thought they would get Clinkscale before they got MO. It all worked out in the end.

Maybe he is defensive passing game coordinator?

He is. Same role Kentucky promoted him to this year. No way he was coming here without getting the same position/title.

Back