Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

More evidence...

you are right...most are fixed rates. The problem with a vast majority that re-financed is they added years to their loans and incorporated other debt into a very long term mortgage.

So, between that and lower interest rates artificially inflating home values...well, people are going to be fucked.

yeah, even if their loans don't reset if they lose their jobs, they're f'd especially if they also bought a couple jet skiis or a new outdoor kitchen a year ago on a 0% interest credit card that's about to reset to 18.5% or higher or if they're just maxing out their credit cards to pay for food and gas.

Last edited:
Per usually only part of the story. Yes they were higher than expected. They were also lower than last month.

I'd also argue in not sure how much control they have over the issue. I'm sure the corn and aluminum companies loved their record profits... not sure how willing they are to turn back the clock and bring prices down.

Prices stay high on comodities/raw materials... then prices stay high on finished goods. No way around it...

What was that about inflation being lower than last month? PCE surges, hitting highest rate since June. Now multiple fed officials suggesting inflation could persist longer than thought. Shocking, I thought Biden had this thing licked, like he did Popcorn back in the day...

Last edited:
What was that about inflation being lower than last month? PCE surges, hitting highest rate since June. Now multiple fed officials suggesting inflation could persist longer than thought. Shocking, I thought Biden had this thing licked, like he did Popcorn back in the day...
Be good at what you do and negotiate a raise. Poof no more inflation. Thanks Joe Biden!

Sell Florida for 2T or the highest bidder. Poof no more debt.

Your grasp of simple math (and valuation) is on par with your understanding of economics. The national debt is over $31T professor! And you want to give away Florida for 1/15th that thinking it will wipe out the debt. You want to sell the 4th largest and 4th fastest growing economy in the US for a little less than 2x it's GDP. Frickin' genius.

By the way, here's something that may shock you - 12 of the 15 fastest growing economies are red states, 2 are purple and just one, tiny little Maine (whopping $76B in GDP) at 15th is the only solidly blue state in the top 15 fastest growing economies. Maine probably made the list by selling an extra bushel of lobsters. Maybe we should have a red/blue states divorce...

Last edited:
Your grasp of simple math (and valuation) is on par with your understanding of economics. The national debt is over $31T professor! And you want to give away Florida for 1/15th that thinking it will wipe out the debt. You want to sell the 4th largest and 4th fastest growing economy in the US for a little less than 2x it's GDP. Frickin' genius.

By the way, here's something that may shock you - 12 of the 15 fastest growing economies are red states, 2 are purple and just one, tiny little Maine (whopping $76B in GDP) at 15th is the only solidly blue state in the top 15 fastest growing economies. Maine probably made the list by selling an extra bushel of lobsters. Maybe we should have a red/blue states divorce...

I was pretty sure hughes was only joking about selling Florida, but now that you cOMpLeTELy dEMOLiSheD hIs aRguMeNt wItH FACTS, I'm convinced we should never sell a valuable state like Florida to the highest bidder.

Thank you, Mr. Internet Genius, for setting us straight.

I was pretty sure hughes was only joking about selling Florida, but now that you cOMpLeTELy dEMOLiSheD hIs aRguMeNt wItH FACTS, I'm convinced we should never sell a valuable state like Florida to the highest bidder.

Thank you, Mr. Internet Genius, for setting us straight.

you're pretty sure he was joking when everyone else knew he obviously wasn't serious? Wow, you have a real nose for sarcasm - can't get anything past you.

Nice job Joe! Way to stimulate all that growth in all those shitty red states that have tanked under crappy leadership. Way to pull them from the brink of disaster regardless of their crappy leadership that wants to tax everything 30%.

Anyone in business knows it's easy to grow when your baseline is ass.

Last edited:
Nice job Joe! Way to stimulate all that growth in all those shitty red states that have tanked under crappy leadership. Way to pull them from the brink of disaster regardless of their crappy leadership that wants to tax everything 30%.

you are in full LKP troll mode now

Yeah, it's all Biden in spite of DeSantis or Republican leadership in Florida and elsewhere. Further demonstrating your grasp of economics and politics. Good job professor, but you forgot to give Joe credit for causing economic and political refugees migrating from Blue states to those red states despite the crappy leadership relative to the Blue states with hemorrhaging populations. Good job Joe and team blue, you're really crushing it.

I mean the guy thought i was serious about selling Florida for 2 trillion.... wouldn't you keep trolling?

No as I said before, I didn?t think u were serious about selling Florida dummy. I did and still think you seriously thought $2T would wipe out the national debt though. Its hardly a stretch considering some of the other monumentally stupid things you?ve posted.

Last edited:
No I didn?t think u were serious about selling Florida dummy. I thought you were an idiot for thinking $2T would cover the national debt.

That was a good one.

$31.46 trillion.

That?s a bag of loot.

I don?t think we could get that much for Florida.

Here?s a little out of the box thinking?not all of California?not these days?maybe just Silicon Valley, and throw in Disneyland and the seven major studios; and also the Golden Gate Bridge.

The rest of the state brings the value down.

That was a good one.

$31.46 trillion.

That?s a bag of loot.

Here?s a little out of the box thinking?not all of California?not these days?maybe just Silicon Valley, and throw in Disneyland and the seven major studios; and also the Golden Gate Bridge.

So you're saying all the democratic areas are worth selling and provide value while all the republican areas are worthless. Careful you might get on Spartans bad side!

That was a good one.

$31.46 trillion.

That?s a bag of loot.

C?mon, Disney World is worth at least double what you could get for Disney Land - place is a dump compared to Orlando. And don?t you guys have some decent farmland? Plus I bet Newsome would rather give the bottom half to Mexico and sell the top half to pay for his reparations bill.

Last edited:
So you're saying all the democratic areas are worth selling and provide value while all the republican areas are worthless. Careful you might get on Spartans bad side!

Nice job.

Literally I was considering adding something like that - or I was considering adding that you would come back and make that point.

And you did.

Funny.

That said, our friend SpartanMack did make the point in his previous post that our farmland - which is Republican - does have an amount of value.

So maybe I should rethink the bundle.

Nice job.

Literally I was considering adding something like that - or I was considering adding that you would come back and make that point.

And you did.

Funny.

That said, our friend SpartanMack did make the point in his previous post that our farmland - which is Republican - does have an amount of value.

So maybe I should rethink the bundle.

You might be able to get something for the wine country too but I'm not sure where that region falls politically. My best guess is the vineyards skew more conservative while the wineries are probably Dems (lets see if Hughes can figure that one out).

Last edited:
Back