Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

More on lions being predictable

dtroitlionsfan951

So this is just my observation. But the lions seems to be very predictable based on their formations. They throw an extra lineman out on the field and they run it, They have a spread formation or matthew is in shotgun and they pass it. Also beyond their formations they also run predictable plays on down and distance. It's almost as if they play offense to get to 3rd down. Which is not a very good way to be explosive.

Can we fire caldwell now?...please?

I think if Caldwell is fired it will mean that Mayhew is fired first, and I'm not certain that will happen this year, unfortunately. They will probably use Lombardi as the scapegoat to get one more year.

I think if Caldwell is fired it will mean that Mayhew is fired first, and I'm not certain that will happen this year, unfortunately. They will probably use Lombardi as the scapegoat to get one more year.

Pretty good scapegoat......lol

Promote Austin......fire everyone else.....bring in a guy who has a downfield passing offense. Do it now......get a jump on 2016 so we still have CJ somewhere near his prime.

I don't think caldwell can scapegoat lombardi to be honest....he is an offensive guy and well...the offense has been bottom of the league bad for 2 straight years..

Pretty good scapegoat......lol

Promote Austin......fire everyone else.....bring in a guy who has a downfield passing offense. Do it now......get a jump on 2016 so we still have CJ somewhere near his prime.

I've seen that a couple times but I'm not sure if Austin would be a good answer as HC. Not sure he's earned that.

Last edited:
I've seen that a couple times but I'm not sure if Austin would be a good answer as HC. Not sure he's earned that.

I think he'd be fine if he hired someone who knew what they were doing on offense and let them handle it.

Back