Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Most Transparent?

tsmith7559

Hardly, another bold face lie by Barry during his campaigns.

bigstory.ap.org/article/ab029d7c625149348143a51ff61175c6/us-sets-new-record-denying-censoring-government-files

yeah, he's been a huge disappointment to liberals. the solution would've been to move further left, like the Green Party, I guess. I don't think it's reasonable to have expected a McCain/Palin or Romney presidency to be any more transparent though.

Hardly, another bold face lie by Barry during his campaigns.
bigstory.ap.org/article/ab029d7c625149348143a51ff61175c6/us-sets-new-record-denying-censoring-government-files

This isn't a link, and I can't copy paste what looks like it might be a URL on my iPhone. Does me no good at all.

yeah, he's been a huge disappointment to liberals. the solution would've been to move further left, like the Green Party, I guess. I don't think it's reasonable to have expected a McCain/Palin or Romney presidency to be any more transparent though.

I think it's against Mitt's religion to lie...

Me either, sorry

I was able to copy/paste it on desktop.

Thanks but nothing new; as MichChamp points out, nothing progressive civil libertarians haven't been complaining about for a long time.

EDIT: Of course all civil libertarians, not just progressive ones.

Last edited:
White house is now removing federal regulation that subjects it's office to FOIA.
Mr. Transparency...

There will never be any true transparency in government, regardless of party or ideology, as long as corporate capitalists are treated like individuals and their candidate(s) of choice campaign contributions. That and of course linking secrecy to matters/issues of supposed national security.

There will never be any true transparency in government, regardless of party or ideology, as long as corporate capitalists are treated like individuals and their candidate(s) of choice campaign contributions. That and of course linking secrecy to matters/issues of supposed national security.

The conference I have been at this week had speakers from Carlyle group and Bain Capital.

Made my skin crawl.

Jay Leno did stand up and Karch Kiraly spoke too (and me)

I spoke on energy infrastructure and oil ...you know, schooling fools like I schooled tstupid on the matter

Last edited:
Dude you spoke at the same podium as Jay Leno at the same event?

That is awesome; not that many people get the chance to say that they did that.

It was funny how he came in through the catering/kitchen and was suddenly on stage. There were some rows of chairs set up for him that weren't there normally. Supposedly 400 ppl there, all in. Was told later he got $70K, negotiated down from $90K

Interesting history on the subject and a decent read on it...

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bal2.htm

I'd often heard it both ways so was curious.

Me, I just usually go with the tried and true "bullshit."

We had a someone what similar discussion a few years back regarding the idiom "I've said my piece/peace..."

Obviously there is no difference between the words when actually spoken or heard...

Last edited:
Hey, Happy Birthday tsmith!

I bet you have some fun plans later today and don't forget to go fill-up the car at $2.30/gallon!

http://www.DetroitGasPrices.com/ret...Detroit&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=48&units=us
retail_price_chart.aspx

Last edited:
I spoke on energy infrastructure and oil ...you know, schooling fools like I schooled tstupid on the matter

There is an "Implymercial" (my term for commercials that misrepresent their product(s) and/or service(s) that they are advertising) where a sharply dressed spokesmodel struts purposefully on screen to pimp energy (gas and oil) from fracking shale deposits, how supposedly safe it is, and how fracking will somehow make "America" (nvm that America comprises North, Central, and South, not just the United States) energy independent and a leading global energy producer.

The US is NOT Venezuela or an OPEC nation, where the fuel produced is owned by government. The extracted resources are the property of the multinational energy companies, and in no way will they not profit from selling the extracted resources to the highest bidders, regardless of location or nation.

Last edited:
There is an "Implymercial" (my term for commercials that misrepresent their product(s) and/or service(s) that they are advertising) where a sharply dressed spokesmodel struts purposefully on screen to pimp energy (gas and oil) from fracking shale deposits, how supposedly safe it is, and how fracking will somehow make "America" (nvm that America comprises North, Central, and South, not just the United States) energy independent and a leading global energy producer.

The US is NOT Venezuela or an OPEC nation, where the fuel produced is owned by government. The extracted resources are the property of the multinational energy companies, and in no way will they not profit from selling the extracted resources to the highest bidders, regardless of location or nation.

Schooled me? Lol. You basically said oil companies wouldn't increase production because they didn't want prices to fall. The fact is the US production is up 60% in 6 years..

Back