Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mr. Slay

Darius Slay - DB - Lions
Lions signed CB Darius Slay to a four-year, $50.2 million extension through 2020.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the deal contains $23 million fully guaranteed at signing. A sort of late bloomer who emerged as a legitimate shutdown corner last season, Slay should get more opportunities to shadow enemy No. 1 receivers this year. He finished 2015 as Pro Football Focus' No. 2-rated cornerback behind only Tyrann Mathieu, shining both in coverage and run support.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jul 29 - 11:59 AM

Sure feels like the Lions got a deal if Slay's trajectory continues to rise.

Its really over five years too for some of the money. Its a great deal. Now resign riddick

Great deal. A bit of a gamble, but if he has a good year like we expect him to, he would demand even more.

Good job Quin. Glad to see a vet(in the prime of his career), resigned. This is a bullet dodged in my book

Riddick weather you like him or not and he's not signed now, he'll test out FA for sure next season. So If you're going to do it the next couple weeks it should be done..

Good move by the Lions front office. Keeping the best talent and letting lesser guys walk (to be replaced through the draft) is what good teams do. The best teams (read Patriots) often let top end talent walk also because they are so good at filling holes through the draft. Of course, having a top 5 all time QB helps quite a bit...

So no on resigning Riddick, unless the contract is team friendly.

I don't think riddick will take a favorable contract. He's going to want some good guaranteed money. He's a dangerous weapon out of the backfield and any team that needs a back is going to pay him next year. Hope nobody is fooling themselves into believing he's asking for a backup RB's contract. He wants to be paid.

I love riddick. ...but I'd think you'd wait to see if abdullah develops before you paid him.

I love riddick. ...but I'd think you'd wait to see if abdullah develops before you paid him.

Do RBs truly get paid anymore? What Sproles get 3years, 10.5 mil. I like Riddick, but he's not at Sproles' level. If he was offered an extension in the 3 yr, 7-8 mil range with about half guaranteed he should take it now for some security before the season starts.

Back