Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basketball at 6-1

I think we've had 5 different chances in the second half to get it to a 1 possession game. In that time 3 missed Tillman layups, a dropped pass out of bounds wide open under the hoop, and now stuffed at the rim.

Last edited:
Tillman 3 for 15 from the field. Its not like Wisconsin has rim protectors either.

Make Tillman walk back to EL. Dude is way too soft and plays below the rim. Learn to jump for gods sake

Last edited:
If you fall behind by 15 in the first half every time you play an ok team on the road, you get what you get, I guess.

Need to play Brown and Watts more, and less Henry. Have Tillman less involved in the offense.

Didn?t see the game but from what I?ve read here and on espn, I miss Ward. One thing I noticed is they only drew 9 fouls and shot 4 FTs - looks like they weren?t very aggressive.

Last edited:
Didn?t see the game but from what I?ve read here and on espn, I miss Ward. One thing I noticed is they only drew 9 fouls and shot 4 FTs - looks like they weren?t very aggressive.

In the time I watched in the second half they got just about any shot they wanted, a lot of them in the paint. But did a horrible job of finishing. Tillman as mentioned, and Cassius missed a lot of shots going to the hoop too.

If you fall behind by 15 in the first half every time you play an ok team on the road, you get what you get, I guess.

Is Wisconsin even ?OK? really? They have a losing record in B1G play, as does IU. Purdue is only team with a winning record in B1G play to beat us and they?re only 1 game above .500. Everybody talks about how tough it is to win on the road in the B1G and maybe it is but that doesn?t explain why we struggle mightily against mediocre teams. Is it more accurate to say sure, it?s tough to win on the road but it?s not so hard that a team that?s supposed to compete for a national title should lose to 3 roughly .500 teams - we?re obviously not nearly as good a team as we were hyped to be.

Last edited:
If that’s all or most of it then there’s hope - they just need to get hot at the right time.

Back