Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU is horrible

I can't believe they let this game get away from them.

Oh wait, yes I can.

Now we have to hope that PSU can beat Neb in Lincoln or Iowa can beat them at home. I don't think Minny can beat Nebraska. Dang sparty, you had em!

And I was all ready to go over to the sparty board and thank them. That's what I get for rooting for sparty. Did they lose it on purpose just to spite Michigan?

It isn't all she wrote...but today was our best chance, I was thinking...

Well, after last week, of course...obviously last week was our best chance...

Last edited:
Don't you think taking care of your own business woulda been the best method???

You guys are mad that a team you beat couldn't beat a team that beat you.

The team you should be mad at is Michigan!

Don't you think taking care of your own business woulda been the best method???

You guys are mad that a team you beat couldn't beat a team that beat you.

The team you should be mad at is Michigan!

Duh...

damn sparty

feeling very pessimistic about our chances comparing the schedule

last week will haunt us

Last edited:
What I can't believe is how well Nebraska ran the QB on them. I've never seen a QB do that to a Dantonio sparty team.

But let's be honest, Nebraska got some help on that last drive with the PI call. If not for that it was likely that game was going into OT with a Nebraska field goal. They still could have lost, but to have lost the way they did was pretty pathetic.

fucking sparty.

I turned the game off at 24-14, had to go do something else. figured the bums had it all locked up.

Nebraska & Ohio... two teams that keep winning but don't deserve to. So damn frustrating to watch

The pass interference call on Pitt and the pass interference call on MSU were two game changing calls that were clearly horrible, and should result in action against the officials. People should lose their jobs on calls that bad. All officials know that you don't make a game defining call unless you clearly see a foul committed. In both cases, they weren't even questionable. They reeked of incompetence.

The pass interference call on Pitt and the pass interference call on MSU were two game changing calls that were clearly horrible, and should result in action against the officials. People should lose their jobs on calls that bad. All officials know that you don't make a game defining call unless you clearly see a foul committed. In both cases, they weren't even questionable. They reeked of incompetence.

I didn't see the one against Pitt, but that call against sparty was complete rubbish. There was no PI there. I think even Neb fans would agree, but they wouldn't reverse it of course.
Well, now we have to hope PSU or Iowa can beat Neb. I don't think Minny will be able to do it.

Naeter Damn got handed a gift like I've never seen before. That was a tragically incompetent call...almost anticipated, IMO. How the hell it that pass interference at any level of football?

some teams (nd, neb) get tge luck

g-d damnit

oh drew sharp turned on msu in today's column

I didn't see the one against Pitt, but that call against sparty was complete rubbish. There was no PI there. I think even Neb fans would agree, but they wouldn't reverse it of course.
Well, now we have to hope PSU or Iowa can beat Neb. I don't think Minny will be able to do it.

Well, the other 7 or 8 penalties that MSU had were legit, though

All Dumbtonio had to do was go for it on 4th and less than 2 on the Neb 42. Get the first down there and the game is over. Nebraska was out of time-outs. Bell can't fall forward for 2 yards? Maxwell can't play action to Bell and throw to Sims for 2 yards? MSU can't come up with a play to get 2 freakin yards? Then the punter boots it out of the endzone, so the net is a 22 yard punt and Nebraska has 90 seconds to go 80 yards. That's forever in college football. Yes, the PI call was egregious, but it never should've come down to that. If you go for it on 4th and 2 and don't make it, there is absolutely no difference to giving them the football at the 42 and giving them the football at the 20 with that much time on the clock. MSU lost for more reasons than just a bad PI call.

Well, the other 7 or 8 penalties that MSU had were legit, though

All Dumbtonio had to do was go for it on 4th and less than 2 on the Neb 42. Get the first down there and the game is over. Nebraska was out of time-outs. Bell can't fall forward for 2 yards? Maxwell can't play action to Bell and throw to Sims for 2 yards? MSU can't come up with a play to get 2 freakin yards? Then the punter boots it out of the endzone, so the net is a 22 yard punt and Nebraska has 90 seconds to go 80 yards. That's forever in college football. Yes, the PI call was egregious, but it never should've come down to that. If you go for it on 4th and 2 and don't make it, there is absolutely no difference to giving them the football at the 42 and giving them the football at the 20 with that much time on the clock. MSU lost for more reasons than just a bad PI call.

^
This

Back