Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Recruiting

deathroh

"Michigan State, several prospects climb up national rankings"

With a title like that, you just know there's going to be some good news for Spartan fans in the following article, and yes, the freep delivers...

http://www.freep.com/article/20110901/SP....ion al-rankings

Yep, you read it correctly. Offensive lineman, Kodi Kieler, has shot all the way up to.....wait for it.....3 star status!

Not only that, but TE Josiah Price is now a 5.6, 3-star on Rival's ranking system! In case you're not familiar with their system, being a 5.6 means..."All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 750 or so prospects in the country"....Amazing!

But wait, there's more! I know, hard to believe, but LB Riley Bullough has shot ALL the way up to being the #44 LB in the nation!

Watch out B1G!!

(there is also mention of MSU's two recruits that actually do make a blip on the national radar, but they're not touted as having made a climb in the rankings, so I omitted them from this post)

Dantonio has really taken that program to the next level.

DR said:

With a title like that, you just know there's going to be some good news for Spartan fans in the following article, and yes, the freep delivers...

Yep, you read it correctly. Offensive lineman, Kodi Kieler, has shot all the way up to.....wait for it.....3 star status!

Not only that, but TE Josiah Price is now a 5.6, 3-star on Rival's ranking system! In case you're not familiar with their system, being a 5.6 means..."All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 750 or so prospects in the country"....Amazing!

But wait, there's more! I know, hard to believe, but LB Riley Bullough has shot ALL the way up to being the #44 LB in the nation!

Watch out B1G!!

(there is also mention of MSU's two recruits that actually do make a blip on the national radar, but they're not touted as having made a climb in the rankings, so I omitted them from this post)

I see you guys are still obsessed with the the freep. Let it go, quit losing sleep over it. As for the article, whats wrong with it. So these guys are now considered better then originally thought. Good.

Pretty funny how you are making fun of a recruiting class that is years away from showing what they can do on the field. Even funnier if they end up beating your top 5 recruiting class.

MichChamp02 said:
Dantonio has really taken that program to the next level.

You're right for once, it's nice to see a B10 championship again. It's also nice to start the season ranked in the top twenty. Thanks for taking notice chumpy !!!

I don't like recruiting rankings that are given by 160 lb desk jockeys who haven't even played football in the lowest of competition. Coaches know what they are doing... Even the grinch in el. Offer lists are more telling. That is besides the tape.

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:

Watch out B1G!!

I see you guys are still obsessed with the the freep. Let it go, quit losing sleep over it. As for the article, whats wrong with it. So these guys are now considered better then originally thought. Good.

Pretty funny how you are making fun of a recruiting class that is years away from showing what they can do on the field. Even funnier if they end up beating your top 5 recruiting class.

You don't see what's wrong with the article? Really?

I wasn't making fun of the recruiting class, just this joke of an article. It just makes me laugh that they're so desparate for content that they'd comment on these extremely insignificant changes. That the laugh also comes at the expense of MSU to an extent is just icing on the cake.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Btw, be nice to little brother. Let him have a chance for 1 more year. ;)

Fuck no.

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:

You don't see what's wrong with the article? Really?

I wasn't making fun of the recruiting class, just this joke of an article. It just makes me laugh that they're so desparate for content that they'd comment on these extremely insignificant changes. That the laugh also comes at the expense of MSU to an extent is just icing on the cake.

I don't think that their that desperate for content, it's opening week in CFB and this is CFB related, even if it is just recruiting. Anyways, if the Freep wanted to, they can always just trudge up something about UM and get you guys all pissy.

I do have to say though the Freep has gone overboard in their ever present disdain towards UM. You guys just need to drop the issue and worry about what is going to happen on the field. After the last three years there has to be some butterflies.

Exactly! It was two days before their first game and this is all they could come up with? I'm not on some crusade against the freep, this is just comical!

But ok, I'll take your advice. No more reading newspapers...I'll just sit in a dark room for the next 28 hours and focus on what is going to happen on the field. I'm sure that'll make all the difference.

DR said:
Exactly! It was two days before their first game and this is all they could come up with? I'm not on some crusade against the freep, this is just comical!

But ok, I'll take your advice. No more reading newspapers...I'll just sit in a dark room for the next 28 hours and focus on what is going to happen on the field. I'm sure that'll make all the difference.

Read what you want, but if it going to piss you off so much why bother. Better yet, just skip the sports section. No reason to elevate the BP over the Freep. If you really must, go find that dark room, i'm sure you could find something to do in there.

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:

Read what you want, but if it going to piss you off so much why bother. Better yet, just skip the sports section. No reason to elevate the BP over the Freep. If you really must, go find that dark room, i'm sure you could find something to do in there.

I guess you need something to cling to here, but I really have no idea why you think I'm upset. But quality effort here...I really do applaud you...maybe I should notify Matt Derry of the great argument made by a Sparty fan today. Could be his lead for Monday.

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:

I guess you need something to cling to here, but I really have no idea why you think I'm upset. But quality effort here...I really do applaud you...maybe I should notify Matt Derry of the great argument made by a Sparty fan today. Could be his lead for Monday.

You really have no idea ? Ummm, maybe it's because you are attacking an article by the Freep that isn't THAT bad, just because it's from the Freep. If this article came from any other newspaper it would be a non issue. SOME of you are having a hard time getting over what the Freep did to UM and their " smear campaign " that followed so you point out anything YOU perceive as negative towards the paper. It's been over a year, LET IT GO, quit being so obsessive about it.

Nice call at the end there. Im sure Dery could care less that some UM fans think the Freep is unfair and biased because they wrote BAD things about Michigan.

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:

You really have no idea ? Ummm, maybe it's because you are attacking an article by the Freep that isn't THAT bad, just because it's from the Freep. If this article came from any other newspaper it would be a non issue. SOME of you are having a hard time getting over what the Freep did to UM and their " smear campaign " that followed so you point out anything YOU perceive as negative towards the paper. It's been over a year, LET IT GO, quit being so obsessive about it.

Nice call at the end there. Im sure Dery could care less that some UM fans think the Freep is unfair and biased because they wrote BAD things about Michigan.

aaaaand now you've gone off the cliff.

Seriously, those that should be pissed about this article are MSU fans! It makes your program look like a joke that this is something to crow about!

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:

aaaaand now you've gone off the cliff.

Really, are you sure you haven't ?

DR said:
Seriously, those that should be pissed about this article are MSU fans! It makes your program look like a joke that this is something to crow about!

An article talking about recruiting rankings doesn't bother me. Now a UM fan bothered by an article from the Freep about MSU is the issue at hand. That is my point here DR. It's not about MSU, it's about the Freep. I'm sorry, I just get tired of you guys always talking about how bad the Freep is. I agree they have had UM's number, but there have been far worse articles printed than this. An article about kids going from basically no stars to three isn't going to make your program look like a joke. It's not that big of a deal.

If I was actually bothered, upset, or on a vendetta against the freep, then maaaaybe you'd have a point. Of course none of those things are true. I'm laughing at an article and any MSU fan that thinks it should be printable news. But I get it, you need an angle, and lumping me in with the fringe, freep hating group of UM fans probably is about your only option. I'm not mad at you for doing it, but I would have typed up the same exact post whether the article came from the freep, detnews, mlive, etc. Feel free to believe (or pretend to believe) otherwise. And again, congrats on the improvements. I'm sure the nation has taken notice.

DR said:
If I was actually bothered, upset, or on a vendetta against the freep, then maaaaybe you'd have a point. Of course none of those things are true. I'm laughing at an article and any MSU fan that thinks it should be printable news. But I get it, you need an angle, and lumping me in with the fringe, freep hating group of UM fans probably is about your only option. I'm not mad at you for doing it, but I would have typed up the same exact post whether the article came from the freep, detnews, mlive, etc. Feel free to believe (or pretend to believe) otherwise. And again, congrats on the improvements. I'm sure the nation has taken notice.

Denial, look it up, you have a lot in common.

LOL @ " congrats on the improvemments " and " the nation has taken notice " , is this actually your way of trying to insult me ? What are you 16 or are you truly offended by what I said ?

Back