Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU @ Rutgers

Not sure how I feel about Coghlin being our all time filed goal leader. We've had some great kickers in our program and to have a mediocre kicker as the leader is kinda lame

Someone explain why we were still passing late. Milk the damn clock! This coaching staff gets an F today. Atrocious

Not sure how I feel about Coghlin being our all time filed goal leader. We've had some great kickers in our program and to have a mediocre kicker as the leader is kinda lame

All kinds of stats are going to be screwed up by the additional covid eligibility year. Coughlin is nowhere near some good kicker in program history. Swenson and Rayner were great.

A lot to work on for the coaches. The players are explosive. Defense really played well after the first couple drives.

Walker with 914 yards halfway thru the season. Thorne with 14 TDs and 2 picks halfway thru and has almost 1600 yards. We?re in pace to have an 1800 yard rusher. A 3200 yard passer. And 1100 and 950 yard receivers. Offense is great.

Defensive line is great. Barrow is a budding star.

yeah, I think I mentioned this in last week's game thread - he's done this while kicking for 5 years because of the free pandemic year. His record needs and asterisk.

I was at the game - great little stadium, very friendly to visiting teams as (currently) they don't sell out so crowd noise isn't an issue. It's so small that there isn't a bad seat in the house, easy to get in and out, decent facilities, it's close to home for me (35 mins). A lot of that could change though if Schiano has another good run there and people jump on the bandwagon. If you've never been, it's not a bad trip (it's definitely not like Ohio or Beaver Stadium, but MSU at RU would be a nice part of a weekend trip to NYC - definitely a better place to watch a game than those stadiums unless you pay through the nose for decent seats, but it's a very different game experience).

Very sloppy game - penalties and clock management have been well discussed already but I'd add those 2 conversions given up on 3rd & 18 are almost as bad. Apparently you can make all those mistakes against RU (at least with this year's team) and still not feel at risk - the first FG came off a horrible drive extending call and the next came from the bad snap and worse fumble recovery turned fumble. Knowing they were basically inept and watching Walker I knew it was just a matter of time - in the second quarter I tried to get my RU buddy to give me odds on Walker scoring from 55+ yards but he wouldn't do it. When he made the cut inside, before he got passed the safety and corner (that was basically right in front of our seats) I nudged him and said this one's going to the house. That pissed him off even more because he had RU +5.

Last edited:
Back