Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Sexual Assault

bphillips4gg

I'm not even surprised by this anymore. I'm sure someone will FOIA the records to figure out who the player was. Sounds like the cover-up goes all the way up to the AD but the institutional issues are still there even after Nassar.

I don't typically assume guilt but this girl did everything right and only decided to go public once the institutions failed her. She was willing to put her name on it and she didn't seek out ESPN, USA Today or any other national publication to get as much exposure as possible. I believe her. Kudos to the writer for putting their own school on blast here.

https://statenews.com/article/2023/...ust-msu-with-rape-report-then-was-disbelieved

who knows. reading the article, I am more inclined to say she wasn't raped.

When I got to the part where the player said to the cops "I'm not a rapist, bro" I knew he was innocent. Besides, it would really be surprising to hear this sort of thing went on in East Lansing...

You're trying too hard. Great editorial though. Let me sum it up for you. What you have here is a completely one-sided piece where a girl describes a situation in which she tells a guy who is hitting on her to "just f*** me" because she thought it was inevitable then can't believe the guy wasn't immediately arrested and thrown in prison. The accused tells a completely different story, except no doubt for the part where the girl tells him to "just f*** her." She's shocked that there was a lengthy investigation where it was found there wasn't enough evidence to charge a guy with rape after they both say he did what she told him to do. And you think it's because the accused was a football player and MSU has some kind of sick rape culture. You really are an idiot.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's time to revert to same-sex dorms, with armed guards 24/7 posted in the lobby to track people who come and go. And no admittance to any dorm room with the exception of those who live there. I think this will, with diligence, reduce the occasion of such "occasions." Don't like it, don't go to this university. Their football program may never win a National championship, but it will never likely be tarnished with this kind of alledged criminal behavior.

Last edited:
I highly doubt there was a football player in that program worth covering for in the last 2 years.

I highly doubt there was a football player in that program worth covering for in the last 2 years.

be funny to imagine a coach who wanted his players convicted of sexual assault because they're lousy athletes.

be funny to imagine a coach who wanted his players convicted of sexual assault because they're lousy athletes.

Not any different than an AF being happy that his coach did to get out of a contract. What a fucking mess that school is.

Not any different than an AF being happy that his coach did to get out of a contract. What a fucking mess that school is.

Yet I have yet to see you post in the thread about your piece of shit basketball coach losing his temper again after the long time strength and conditioning coach stopped Howard's spoiled twat kid from berating a trainer.

Yet I have yet to see you post in the thread about your piece of shit basketball coach losing his temper again after the long time strength and conditioning coach stopped Howard's spoiled twat kid from berating a trainer.

I've stated multiple times that I do not follow Michigan basketball. I don't follow any basketball for that matter. That said, I would've fired Juwan after the Wisconsin incident.

I've stated multiple times that I do not follow Michigan basketball. I don't follow any basketball for that matter. That said, I would've fired Juwan after the Wisconsin incident.

Too bad you're not the AD at uofm then. The fact that you don't follow it doesn't change the fact that it's a disaster and your coach is an embarrassment. Just like your grandstanding about Lewan and Gibbons and how disappointed you were to find out about the scandal and coverup a few years after the fact - totally meaningless. Your ignorance doesn't change the fact that you're chucking rocks from a glass house.

Last edited:
Back