Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Boise State Game Thread

We have other backs and he has no confidence. He needs to just throw short and keep the chains moving, no taking chances.
I'll admit that he's looked a bit rough, but his receivers are NOT helping his cause much. Lippett has been complete garbage!!!

I have always worried about the wrs and Maxwell. If they don't improve by the ND game and conference play it is going to be a long season. Lippet. Has been garbage. Maxwell is playing better now.

I have always worried about the wrs and Maxwell. If they don't improve by the ND game and conference play it is going to be a long season. Lippet. Has been garbage. Maxwell is playing better now.

Maxwell has completed like 3 passes and he's playing better? C'mon it's the Bell show.

It's very early, but Bell just did what you have to do to get some Heisman talk going.

3 is better than none. Some have been for big first downs. One lead to the Bell TD.

Ugly, ugly win but I knew it would be close. I actually predicted 20-13.

Tough win, a lot of things to work on. Defense was great! Bell is a beast and maybe a Heisman candidate now. Maxwell showed a lot of jitters, but he played decent and showed he has a rifle for an arm. Sims is great.

WRs were bad, they need to improve to achieve our goals this year.

The 2 turnovers by Lippett, took points off the board. I think his dropped that turned into a pick killed Maxwell after that. Maxwell needs to just shrug stuff like that off.

Bell is a beast but like you said that the wrs need to improve a ton to reach our goals.

Total yards 461-206 and we only won by 4. Tough win and a learning experience for our young QB and WRs. Fortunate to come out with a win when our young guys played so poorly. CMU next week and then ND at home.

Maxwell showed a rifle for an arm, but little touch and he made a few bad throws. He made some plays though and showed that he can make the throw while on the run. A good win to build off from.

BSU was way stronger along the lines than I expected after their losses. They were better than I thought they'd be.

Lots of work to do for the Spartans, but a good character building win and one where we avoided serious injury too.

Would like to see Caper get a few more carries early to lessen the load on Bell. I mean, the guy did lead this team in rushing 10 years ago. Has he gotten that bad?

Would like to see Caper get a few more carries early to lessen the load on Bell. I mean, the guy did lead this team in rushing 10 years ago. Has he gotten that bad?

The problem is that Caper wasn't getting anywhere when he got the ball. Boise was much stouter in the D-line than I expected, and it didn't help that they could sell out to stop the run without fear of Maxwell.

The fact is, Caper is a change of pace speed back, not someone who can really steal a notable number of carries each game. If we want to keep Bell from breaking down, it's going to be on the passing game. Sims looked good, and a good TE can be a new QB's best friend.

Maxwell needs to stop forcing throws. From there, he needs to start picking his spots. There are generally 4 options to catch a pass every down, but Maxwell almost never pulled his eyes off the first option after that tipped INT.

Back