Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs DaBulls

easy there, the ground game isn't atrocious, we just didn't use it enough. we averaged 11 yards per carry in the first half, we could have just pounded the ball and scored TD's. I think the coaches were just concerned about the qb audition so we had to throw the ball. we're not going to be a good offensive football team, I am revising my prediction of 9 wins down to 7 (for now). we really just need to pick a qb and stick with him, get some continuity, control the football and lean on our defense. we need to be able to score on short fields and get better special teams play. if we could get our offense up to 6th or 7th best in the big ten i'd say we win 9 or 10 games

Zero chance this team wins 7 games. As things are now, both U of M and ND will blow us the fuck out.

If I were in the press conference my first question would be "do you guys practice offense?"

I said Bollman was a horrible hire the day it was announced but its even worse than I thought. And we're stuck with this guy as long as Dantonio is around - don't think he's ever fired an assistant and this guy is his friend. By the way we should revive the discussion on Dantonio again soon. I've always questioned his "greatness" and thought he was a mediocre to good coach hiding out in an extremely weak conference. If this season and last haven't at least made you question his "greatness" what does he have to do (or continue to not do) to raise some doubt? Does anyone else wonder if maybe we have Bollman because MD couldn't convince a real OC to take the job? He should have tried to keep Enos by promoting him instead of roushar.

If I were in the press conference my first question would be "do you guys practice offense?"

I said Bollman was a horrible hire the day it was announced but its even worse than I thought. And we're stuck with this guy as long as Dantonio is around - don't think he's ever fired an assistant and this guy is his friend. By the way we should revive the discussion on Dantonio again soon. I've always questioned his "greatness" and thought he was a mediocre to good coach hiding out in an extremely weak conference. If this season and last haven't at least made you question his "greatness" what does he have to do (or continue to not do) to raise some doubt? Does anyone else wonder if maybe we have Bollman because MD couldn't convince a real OC to take the job? He should have tried to keep Enos by promoting him instead of roushar.

Great post.

My next question in that press conference would be...."who plays QB in those practices"? Clearly it isn't anyone you play there in the games.

How does Narduzzi still stick around is my biggest question? Are him and Dantonio good friends?

I was very surprised last off season that nobody came knocking with a HC job for the man. He's turned a laughable defense into a force. He'll get a shot soon

I was very surprised last off season that nobody came knocking with a HC job for the man. He's turned a laughable defense into a force. He'll get a shot soon

He turned ohio down a few years ago. It was the ohio that beat you guys in hoops, not the buckeyes

How does Narduzzi still stick around is my biggest question? Are him and Dantonio good friends?

Don't know. I have to admit, i was a skeptic because his first few years were pretty rough and he seemed more like a motivator than a tactician. I've always liked his aggressiveness and since he's consistently added talent he's shown that he's the real deal with his repeated success. I think we'll get an answer to your question this year and we probably won't like what we hear.

Last edited:
He turned ohio down a few years ago. It was the ohio that beat you guys in hoops, not the buckeyes

What are you talking about? They lost to the buckeyes three times that year in hoops. If you add in Bowling Green, they were a combined 1-4 against the state of ohio for that season.

couple thoughts...

1.) Does Dantonio let Bollman finish the season? if he doesn't fire him, then allow him to remain in name only, delegate more authority to the other offensive assistants, and take a more active role himself? maybe he's already doing this...

2.) is your QBC on maternity leave or something?

3.) maybe you should just throw Terry out there, at this point.

4.) I don't care how good a defense is... if the offense can't give them a breather and keep some pressure on, good opponents will blow them out in the 2nd half.

couple thoughts...

1.) Does Dantonio let Bollman finish the season? if he doesn't fire him, then allow him to remain in name only, delegate more authority to the other offensive assistants, and take a more active role himself? maybe he's already doing this...

4.) I don't care how good a defense is... if the offense can't give them a breather and keep some pressure on, good opponents will blow them out in the 2nd half.

1) I don't remember MD firing a guy in the last 7 years - no way he fires his friend in week 2.

2) Not sure we have one. Line coach appears to be MIA as well - some highlighted the line as a potential strength but personally I feel it's at the heart of our problems - when you have a qb that doesn't show good decision making, not giving him any time is a recipe for disaster.

3) Maybe. What are they saving him for?

4) Agreed - it aint rocket science though. Even w/ our soft schedule, 5 B1G wins on defense alone is a pipe dream - I think most would agree, this 24 defensive TD pace (18 by Calhoun) is probably not sustainable...

Last edited:
couple thoughts...

1. God I hope not. I understand the QB's we've rolled out there aren't the most talented trio, but the play calling has been just as bad. Clearly, there is a breakdown somewhere in the coaching of this offense. Ultimately, it all falls on Dantonio......but my god they look like they've never even practiced before.

2. Maternity leave, meaning it's a girl. Funny.......but also possibly correct.

3. Yes, yes, yes and yes. If he is the best of the bunch.....I could care less if he is a true freshman.

4. Thank you, captain obvious. MSU will be lucky, VERY lucky, if they get to 6 wins this year if nothing changes. I say 5-7.

couple thoughts...

Bollman isn't calling any plays, Warner is.

I see 5 or 6 wins unless there is significant improvement offensively.

Terry will play this Saturday.

Zero chance this team wins 7 games. As things are now, both U of M and ND will blow us the fuck out.

I still think they will give UM a game despite the first two games. I'm the first to say that this may be the worst overall team I have ever seen at MSU and I'm an alum from many moons ago when they lost to MAC teams. I'm incredulous about the lack of O

But I am still mostly a Michigan fan and I have a funny feeling that they could beat Michigan on a given Saturday. They may find something that works for them.

I still think they will give UM a game despite the first two games. I'm the first to say that this may be the worst overall team I have ever seen at MSU and I'm an alum from many moons ago when they lost to MAC teams. I'm incredulous about the lack of O

But I am still mostly a Michigan fan and I have a funny feeling that they could beat Michigan on a given Saturday. They may find something that works for them.

I'm not saying its hopeless. But if nothing changes drastically with the play calling and QB play....if its Maxwell, Cook, O'dipshit or if they bring in Terry.....then MSU will be lucky to see the "your OC sux cock" bowl played in Saugatuck, MI.

This is FAR from the worst team you've seen. Remember John L Smith? Bobby Williams? If this team doesn't win 6 games then maybe comparison to JLS and BW teams will be warranted. But the schedule alone should get us 6 victories.

For the sake of competition I sure hope so.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. You just beat a team that has only 1 quality win since 2005 (vs. MSU in 2011) and maybe longer - I quit looking after 2006. We sucked last year with the same qb and it's not like we'll miss Bell since he had just 68 yards and it was a 2 point game in which michigan didn't score a touchdown. Forgive us if we're not waving the white flag despite our woes on offense.

Last edited:
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. You just beat a team that has only 1 quality win since 2005 (vs. MSU in 2011) and maybe longer - I quit looking after 2006. We sucked last year with the same qb and it's not like we'll miss Bell since he had just 68 yards and it was a 2 point game in which michigan didn't score a touchdown. Forgive us if we're not waving the white flag despite our woes on offense.

This isnt about michigan. I think spartys offensive production speaks for its self. Wasnt trying to be a dick. Just stating the obvious. It's not like the rest of your fan base would disagree with me.

This isnt about michigan. I think spartys offensive production speaks for its self. Wasnt trying to be a dick. Just stating the obvious. It's not like the rest of your fan base would disagree with me.

Nobody said it was about michigan and nobody is disagreeing that the MSU offense sucks. My point is the offense was just as bad last year and the game was competitive. It's nearly impossible for our offense to be worse than it was in ann arbor last year and beating nd doesn't alter that picture much.

Last edited:
Nobody said it was about michigan and nobody is disagreeing that the MSU offense sucks. My point is the offense was just as bad last year and the game was competitive. It's nearly impossible for our offense to be worse than it was in ann arbor last year and beating nd doesn't alter that picture much.

A quarterback that can throw will alter it. It will still be incredibly tough.

Back