Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Illinois

I ripped on Fowler all last year but he has progressed a lot more than I expected

Cook is 9-10 this half, making the easy throws the defense is giving him. Good drive here, punch it in and we're in good shape.

Cook made some dumb mistakes that half, but none of them really with his arm. With the wind blowing like it is, I'd say he threw the ball rather well.

Cook made some dumb mistakes that half, but none of them really with his arm. With the wind blowing like it is, I'd say he threw the ball rather well.

Yeah, the fumble cost us 6 points. That last play should have been an INT. Still, he ends up 10-11 for 111 yards and 1 TD in the half. His receivers are making plays for him and they're giving him easy throws to make. That was a 99 yard drive.

Illinois has 1 yard rushing. 109 yards passing. 2 TOs and we held up for a goal line stand. Defense is doing its part vs a pretty good offense.

Last edited:
Yeah, the fumble cost us 6 points. That last play should have been an INT. Still, he ends up 10-11 for 111 yards and 1 TD in the half. His receivers are making plays for him and they're giving him easy throws to make. That was a 99 yard drive.
Even if that pass had been picked, I don't consider it a bad pass. They would have punted on the next play anyways. I give him credit for having the smarts to throw it in there.

After an ugly 1st quarter we have really played well, keep foot on the gas here in the 4th though

Langford and Williams are big time players!! Also the offensive line has really come together since the first few weeks where they looked really bad.

Well, this is what a good team is supposed to do to Illinois. The Illini had -5 yards that quarter.

Last edited:
I mentioned this to Sbee two weeks ago and I'll repeat it again, our punt returners scare me big time.

Back