Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Msu vs Nebraska

Good win??

Not really?.but good teams find a way when they?re having a bad day.

Defense played well.

Special teams was awesome.

Good enough for 4-0

Prob didn?t deserve it but I?ll definitely take it. Only 1st down in the 2nd half came in OT. Defense really stepped up when they looked worn out.

I honestly expected this game to happen next week against Western Kentucky. Maybe this jolts us

Special team was stellar and won three game! Defense was good despite being on the field a long time.

Offense needs work.

Good win??

Not really?.but good teams find a way when they?re having a bad day.

Defense played well.

Special teams was awesome.

Good enough for 4-0

We are definitely much better but a very beatable team. We could have been down 14+ to start the 4th if Nebraska didn?t shoot themselves in the foot w/ penalties and Martinez didn?t overthrow his TEs 100 times.

The o-line and Thorne seem like the biggest problems but I?m not ready to give up on him - I?d rather have a guy that makes the kind of mistakes he makes (taking sacks) than a guy that throws interceptions. When Thorne misses they are so bad nobody is around to catch them. Hopefully he?ll start using his feet more wisely to buy time and throw the ball away. Oh, and he needs to learn to slide when he does tuck it and run.

To be fair it?s hard to say if it was all Thorne - couldn?t tell if he was gun shy after the pick or if guys weren?t getting open. They definitely mentioned a few times Martinez missed wide open guys for big plays but I don?t recall them ever saying that about Spartan wideouts.

Last edited:
Except for the botched FG - still they were the difference today for sure.

Yeah I found it odd that the announcer kept pinning that on the holder. The snap was way inside and I thought he got the ball down pretty damn good from that snap. Seemed to me couglin started his approach too soon and had to stop.

Yeah I found it odd that the announcer kept pinning that on the holder. The snap was way inside and I thought he got the ball down pretty damn good from that snap. Seemed to me couglin started his approach too soon and had to stop.

Far be it from me to defend Couglin - no doubt there's plenty of blame to hang on him for all his shanks but I think this one is on the bad snap. The holder did a good job recovering but that's a tough ask on such a bad snap.

On the punt return, turns out (according to Scott Frost) the ball was supposed to be kicked to the right (Nailor's side), which is where the coverage was concentrated but the punter f'd up and kicked it to the left exposing their overloaded coverage. Not to take anything away from Reed, it's still an amazing play but if it's true, it's more evidence that indicates Nebraska just can't get out of their own way.

Last edited:
Reed almost broke 2 kicks before that one. Kinda had a feeling he was close to housing something.

Back