Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs UK on tuesday 1 vs 2

No way we pull this out in march playing like we did in the 2nd half. Even a calipari team will get better. Can't get out-rebounded like that.

Last edited:
Well, we are a work in progress. Izzo teams always start slow. If we want to reach our goals we have a long way to go, especially on the glass.

We will be ranked #1, but we're not the #1 team in the country. Izzo builds this team for March and there is a ton of work to do.

Keith Appling 22 points 7 Assists 7 rebounds 3 TOs. Not a bad game.

he was huge in the Kansas game last year too

we finish the champions classic at 2-1 against the best programs in the country

I love how Jay Bilas keeps saying if they made their free throws, if they didn't turn it over, if they shot better they'b be up right now. I hate when analysists do that. Guess what? If we would have shot 40 free throws we would have won by 25. Any can play the what if game. The dick riding of Kentucky this year is incredible.

I love how Jay Bilas keeps saying if they made their free throws, if they didn't turn it over, if they shot better they'b be up right now. I hate when analysists do that. Guess what? If we would have shot 40 free throws we would have won by 25. Any can play the what if game. The dick riding of Kentucky this year is incredible.

they made more than we attempted too

Julius Randle hooks half the time he spins. But ohh well, MSU won so I'll take it. Funniest tweet of the night was 'Calipari is in the huddle saying "guys, what am I paying you all this money for?"'
Hahahah

Did Jalen just say "university of duke?"

1450730_10201467952798527_575716519_n.jpg

If we would have rebounded better we could have blown them out. We couldn't get out and run because we couldn't get defensive boards. When we ran in the 1st half we threatened the blowout.

I think we'll wear some teams down running the floor this season. Reminds me of the Final 4 team with Kalin a few years ago when we just ran teams off the floor. Appling, Harris, Dawson, and Valentine are 4 great players in transition.

The saddest stat of the game is that Gauna had a grand total of 0 rebounds.....can he transfer? I think Costello is pretty bad but we don't have any other choice at center.

Based on experience, MSU should be a lot closer to peak and have less potential upside than a young team like Kentucky. Our coach probably mitigates some of that difference but right now Gauna and Costello bring little more to the table than 10 fouls. They need to get tougher on the defensive glass or they prob lose this game in late March/early April

Thank god for that 5 point run in about 5 seconds with the appling 3 and harris steal and lay up

Nice to listen to the player postgame audio, Appling and Harris were saying about how it's great they won but this game doesn't mean anything as far as their goals and they have a lot to work on.

Back