Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU VS W Kentucky

Our backup dbs don't appear to be any better at breaking up passes

This conservative bullshit on offense is gonna make this score look closer than it was

Williams with a just stupid hands to the face away from the ball. Fuck that guy

This might be the weakest targeting call ever. The rule needs to change

Panasuik with probably our only pass break up on the night lol

Kinda bullshit that coghlin?s tally counts as the FG record - the guy sucks and he?s getting the benefit of a 6th year.

Nice win today Sparty.

I'm hoping MSU climbs close to #10 in the rankings this week. Several teams ahead of them lost, but starting at #17 it is difficult to know how that will shake out. Definitely should jump CCU though, they have not played any decent opponents.

Continue pushing for both MSU and UM to enter their contest undefeated!!!

Next to OSU we likely won't see a better passing offense than this team. It's a really good offense regardless of what league they play in.

They?re good but 488 yds passing is awful. Maybe you don?t expect to shut them down but you?d hope to at least keep them below their average.

Nice win today Sparty.

I'm hoping MSU climbs close to #10 in the rankings this week. Several teams ahead of them lost, but starting at #17 it is difficult to know how that will shake out. Definitely should jump CCU though, they have not played any decent opponents.

Continue pushing for both MSU and UM to enter their contest undefeated!!!

My guess is we climb to 15th maybe 14th.

Wisco is having their problems but still a good win. Thought that would be your toughest test before our game so they?re looking good to stay undefeated for the matchup.

Vegas over under on wins for the season was 4.5, we paid out after 5 games.

I think before the season a bowl game was looked at as the bar for success this year. We need 1 more win to make a bowl.

Big Ten looks a little down and we have 5 very winnable games left in the schedule. 8-4, 9-3, and even 10-2 are all possible now. It?s still a work in progress, the talent is improving, but the rebuild is ahead of schedule. Tucker knows what he?s doing.

They?re good but 488 yds passing is awful. Maybe you don?t expect to shut them down but you?d hope to at least keep them below their average.

They weren't good, but our offense scored on almost every drive and only once had a drive over 5 minutes. That led to a ton of plays. 64 attempts for 488 yards is 7.6 yards per attempt. Thats 3 yards under his season average and around the national average.

My guess is we climb to 15th maybe 14th.

Wisco is having their problems but still a good win. Thought that would be your toughest test before our game so they?re looking good to stay undefeated for the matchup.

MSU up to #11...well deserved!

I am more concerned about Nebraska than I was Wisky. Wisky has no offense and UM has a decent enough D that I figured that, plus Special Teams, worked in UM's favor.

Nebraska has played really well despite losing to good teams. This one might be a battle for UM...but I am hoping the balanced attack on offense will overpower Nebraska and UM wins by 20+ points to help stave off a heartattack!

They weren't good, but our offense scored on almost every drive and only once had a drive over 5 minutes. That led to a ton of plays. 64 attempts for 488 yards is 7.6 yards per attempt. Thats 3 yards under his season average and around the national average.

It's basically the same averages from their game against IU. I take little or no solace in reducing their average yards per pass play. Seems like trying to put lipstick on pig - it's still a pig. Western Kentucky is a 1 dimensional 1 win C-USA team and they put up almost 500 yards of passing offense with 7 (1 yard short of 8) scoring drives against a team that was already near the bottom of the rankings in passing defense (we were 120th, now 123rd out of 130). I'm more "impressed" that we were able to force field goals in the red zone but that probably has something to do with the smaller field and the fact that WKU can't run the ball. Maybe WKU wasn't good, but neither is our pass defense, that seems pretty clear at this point.

Last edited:
MSU up to #11...well deserved!

I am more concerned about Nebraska than I was Wisky. Wisky has no offense and UM has a decent enough D that I figured that, plus Special Teams, worked in UM's favor.

Nebraska has played really well despite losing to good teams. This one might be a battle for UM...but I am hoping the balanced attack on offense will overpower Nebraska and UM wins by 20+ points to help stave off a heartattack!

wow, Ole Miss and Arkansas really got punished for those losses. Can't imagine we'd fare much better against Georgia or 'bama and Arkansas has a couple of quality wins, but ef them both.

Rankings still aren't too meaningful yet in my opinion and I think we're probably overrated but I'll take it for now. And I'm shocked as this may be the first time I recall seeing us jump 5 spots in 1 week. Usually it takes 8 games for us to go from unranked to the mid to high teens, then we have to beat a top 5 squad to get to 11.

Cheap tickets for MSU at RU this weekend if you're in the neighborhood. It's actually a great stadium to watch a game.

Back