Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My draft prediction

inkfreq

I don't normally do these, but this year I see it.. I can feel it... it's gonna happen....

Someone is going to try and trade up with Detroit for the #3 pick and take Tua, but it will be the Dolphins who pull the trigger and make the move to prevent someone else from doing it.

Lions pick up a second rounder for moving back to #5, and take Derrick Brown out of Auburn with the pick.

But more surprisingly, they use the extra 2nd rounder on Jake Fromm from Georgia. I don't think they want to face another season with the backup mess they had this year. Stafford and Fromm can bond over being Bulldogs, and give the Lions some stability in the event Stafford's back has further issues.

Bank it. I'm probably wrong.

My hopes...in no particular order:

Someone trades into #2 to take Tua. We grab Chase Young.
or...
Mia Trades up to #3 and we get their #26 first rd pick. We draft Okudah at 5 and Zack Baun with pick 26.
or...
Trade Stafford for a first Rd Pick. Draft Tua at 3. Draft best defensive CB or Edge avail with the other first rd pick. Its beyond time to shake things up with this organization....definition of insanity.

My round 2 targets are Zack Baun, Raekwon Davis or K'Laivon Chaisson depending on how rd 1 goes.

Last edited:

Mia Trades up to #3 and we get their #26 first rd pick. We draft Okudah at 5 and Zack Baun with pick 26.

Trade Stafford for a first Rd Pick. Draft Tua at 3. Draft best defensive CB or Edge avail with the other first rd pick. Its beyond time to shake things up with this organization....definition of insanity.

My round 2 targets are Raekwon Davis or K'Laivon Chaisson depending on how rd 1 goes.

Who QB?s that team?

Who QB?s that team?

Scenario 1 would be Stafford
Scenario 2 would be Stafford
Scenario 3 would be Tua

Have you been hitting the bottle booger?...they werent that hard to understand lol. Here ill edit it so it makes more sense :D

Last edited:
Scenario 1 would be Stafford
Scenario 2 would be Stafford
Scenario 3 would be Tua

Have you been hitting the bottle booger?...they werent that hard to understand lol. Here ill edit it so it makes more sense :D

Missed the draft Tua sentence.

Carry on.

or...
or...

My round 2 targets are Zack Baun, Raekwon Davis or K'Laivon Chaisson depending on how rd 1 goes.

Meh I wouldn't mind either of these three scenarios but I'll be willing to bet my house that it won't turn out any of these ways....

I wouldn't bet my house. Scenario #2 could happen.

Scenario 2 is actually very likely. I've heard the Phins want to trade up for Tua, because they believe someone is going to try to trade with the Lions to get him.

They are trying to gauge whether they need to make a deal with Detroit, or get in front of Detroit and remove all doubt.

Scenario 2 is actually very likely. I've heard the Phins want to trade up for Tua, because they believe someone is going to try to trade with the Lions to get him.

They are trying to gauge whether they need to make a deal with Detroit, or get in front of Detroit and remove all doubt.

I agree 100%. I think it's pretty likely that Okudah is still there at 5. The only real question is, do they get Miami's late 1st in the package?

I agree 100%. I think it's pretty likely that Okudah is still there at 5. The only real question is, do they get Miami's late 1st in the package?

according to a trade value chart i found online:

Det pick 3 = 2200
MIA pick 5 = 1700
MIA pick 26 = 700

So we'd be +200 with that trade...its MIA trying to get the pick though so maybe they do it. a more "fair" trade would be pick 5 and pick 39.

DET pick 3 = 2200
MIA pick 5 = 1700
MIA pick 39 = 510

Its more likely we get their 2nd rd pick....its almost dead nuts even.

Or we could give them our 3rd rd pick if we wanted #26...which would also be close to even.

https://www.drafttek.com/nfl-trade-value-chart.asp

according to a trade value chart i found online:

Det pick 3 = 2200
MIA pick 5 = 1700
MIA pick 26 = 700

So we'd be +200 with that trade...its MIA trying to get the pick though so maybe they do it. a more "fair" trade would be pick 5 and pick 39.

DET pick 3 = 2200
MIA pick 5 = 1700
MIA pick 39 = 510

Its more likely we get their 2nd rd pick....its almost dead nuts even.

Or we could give them our 3rd rd pick if we wanted #26...which would also be close to even.

https://www.drafttek.com/nfl-trade-value-chart.asp

that's a pretty cool site.

If they really want to do it right and they think Tua is the real deal you grab him.

Mock Draft Scenerios:

MIA Trades to 2:
1st Rd - Chase Young, DE/OLB
2nd Rd - Raekwon Davis, DT
3rd Rd - Ben Bredeson, G

MIA Trades to 3:
1st Rd Pick 5 - Jeff Okudah, CB
2nd rd Pick - Zach Baun, OLB
2nd rd Pick (From MIA) - Raekwon Davis, DT
3rd rd Pick - Ben Bredeson, G

No one trades up for Tua -
1st rd pick - Jeff Okudah, CB
2nd rd pick - Zach Baun, OLB
3rd rd pick - Levi Onwuzurike, DT

Quin would really have to try hard to fuck up the position he is in. Theres a million ways to add value to this team during this draft process. If MIA trades above us we get the best player in the draft and fix our rush problem. If MIA trades with us we get a plethera of rd 1 and 2 picks to fill the numerous holes this team has with quality young talent. If nothing happens in rd 1 you STILL have to be dumb to fuck it up.

But... if quin did fuck it up i think he'd do it by:
Makes the trade to 5 and gets 39
Then Selects herbert at 5!

Could you imagine the fanbase lol.

Saw a recent CBS sports mock that could spark some debate. We traded down to 5 with miami and got 39. But then we traded down to 13 with indy and got 34. All in all we end up drafting at 13, 34, 35 and 39. Would you?

My mock in that scenario:
13 jerry jeudy wr
34 zach Baun Olb
35 raekwon davis dt
39 cameron dantzler cb

Last edited:
Saw a recent CBS sports mock that could spark some debate. We traded down to 5 with miami and got 39. But then we traded down to 13 with indy and got 34. All in all we end up drafting at 13, 34, 35 and 39. Would you?

My mock in that scenario:
13 jerry jeudy wr
34 zach Baun Olb
35 raekwon davis dt
39 cameron dantzler cb

Interesting but I don't think I would go with a WR in the first round.

Interesting but I don't think I would go with a WR in the first round.

Normally i wouldn't either. But i think jeudy is a top 3 talent in this draft. You have a chance to get him at 13 then there is huge value. Would also give you an opportunity to move on from marvin Jones contact if they wanted to.

Normally i wouldn't either. But i think jeudy is a top 3 talent in this draft. You have a chance to get him at 13 then there is huge value. Would also give you an opportunity to move on from marvin Jones contact if they wanted to.

if he is really top 3 talent he won't make it to 13

Back