Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My guy DW!!

tonyballs

LB Devin White is my guy!! I was on the fence with a couple of guys and not sure who I wanted. Then I heard Willie McGinest talking this kid up huge the other day. Big Will says this kid can do it all and i'll take the future HOF word on that!!

Im down...my only fear being we end up with no corners. But white and davis in the middle would be awesome.

I think Davis is going to have a breakout year in 2019. He has improved so much, especially when he got an actual space eater in front of him. Adding White would be a really good get.

However, we really need a #2. Lots of solid CB’s available in FA. Lions will have to overpay, but we have the room to do it.

Im down...my only fear being we end up with no corners. But white and davis in the middle would be awesome.

Plenty of CBs in FA like booger said. Overpay to get one. I don't care lol. The Lawson experiment has to be over or move him to Nickel/3rd CB. White does everything a LB should do. He's the guy Patricia covets as well.

I think there are more quality ILB available in free agency than CBs. I wouldn't be upset with White but I'm on the Clelin Ferrell train.

I think there are more quality ILB available in free agency than CBs. I wouldn't be upset with White but I'm on the Clelin Ferrell train.

I think I've seen him the most in mock drafts to the Lions.

Im just not sure how much of an upgrade ferrill is over okwara. I do agree we need an edge rusher. But ferrill isn't that kind of guy... he's more in line with the okwara mold. Id trade down and shoot for polite or sweat of you want a rush lb. White or greedy provide the most upside to what we currently have on the roster imo... great players that fill a hole.

Im just not sure how much of an upgrade ferrill is over okwara. I do agree we need an edge rusher. But ferrill isn't that kind of guy... he's more in line with the okwara mold. Id trade down and shoot for polite or sweat of you want a rush lb. White or greedy provide the most upside to what we currently have on the roster imo... great players that fill a hole.

Ferrell is gonna be a monster! Okwara is a real good back up. If he is starting, we have issues. Through the draft and free agency, Okwara needs to be upgraded. I'm fine with Hyder and Okwara as our primary backups,

Ferrell is gonna be a monster! Okwara is a real good back up. If he is starting, we have issues. Through the draft and free agency, Okwara needs to be upgraded. I'm fine with Hyder and Okwara as our primary backups,

I like Ferrell as well but I just don't know at #8. To me, White is the better overall prospect IMO. He covers, plays the run and gets to the QB very well. Three things you want from a LB.
I won't freak out over Ferrell tho lol.

White absolutely smashing the combine right now.

I think that?s my guy. He improves this team more (for 2019) than any other single player in this draft, except for Josh Allen.....who we won?t get.

We might not get White now either bro!! He may have solidified a Top 5 pick after today. Fuck!! Lol

We might not get White now either bro!! He may have solidified a Top 5 pick after today. Fuck!! Lol

This is one reason i was so pissed we won that meaningless game late in the year , went from inside top 5 to 8 . Makes a huge difference !! Altho Sweat blowing up the combine could help us out ....and yea i surely wouldn't be upset if we took White !!

I was hoping Devin bush would run like a 4.6 so we had a chance to grab him in rd 2. No chance now.... both devins blew up the combine.

This is one reason i was so pissed we won that meaningless game late in the year , went from inside top 5 to 8 . Makes a huge difference !! Altho Sweat blowing up the combine could help us out ....and yea i surely wouldn't be upset if we took White !!

Sadly we could throw out any bodies and beat the Cardinals they were so bad.

Some combine thoughts:

TE: i dont see hockenson as a #8 kind of talent.
DL: Gary was athletically impressive, amazing you dont see any of that when you watch the games. Quennin Williams is a beast.
OLB: Josh Allen looked the part. Burns looks like a Small forward from the FSU basketball team....not sure how many 3-4 defenses he would fit in being that lean on the outside. Winovich had a good day. Sweat looked like a better edge than Ferrill by a long shot. Ferrill would be a great upgrade on the strong side over an Okwara....but i dont think he fills that edge rusher need we have.
LB: Its both Devins then a bunch of mid rounders.

Looking forward to seeing the secondary today.

Tentative Post Combine mock:
1) Devin White, LB
2) Chase Winovich, OLB
3) Michael Deiter, G/C
4) Mike Weber, RB

That will leave CB, TE and WR as top priorities in FA....doable. Leaves you with enough cap room to make a splash if you want to pull the trigger on a DE like Trey Flowers. I wouldnt...but you could.

Flowers Snacks Ashawn
Winovich White Davis Okwara/Kennard
Slay Walker Diggs ???

Some combine thoughts:

1) Devin White, LB
2) Chase Winovich, OLB
3) Michael Deiter, G/C
4) Mike Weber, RB

Flowers Snacks Ashawn
Slay Walker Diggs ???

Would be happy with that draft result... I didn't want Winovich in the 2nd pre combine, but I feel he did enough to solidify himself as a solid 2nd rounder. I'd be happy with Weber he had a great combine tho so he might go earlier but i like him if he's there in the 4th or Armstead the kid from Temple.

Some combine thoughts:

TE: i dont see hockenson as a #8 kind of talent.
DL: Gary was athletically impressive, amazing you dont see any of that when you watch the games. Quennin Williams is a beast.
OLB: Josh Allen looked the part. Burns looks like a Small forward from the FSU basketball team....not sure how many 3-4 defenses he would fit in being that lean on the outside. Winovich had a good day. Sweat looked like a better edge than Ferrill by a long shot. Ferrill would be a great upgrade on the strong side over an Okwara....but i dont think he fills that edge rusher need we have.
LB: Its both Devins then a bunch of mid rounders.

Looking forward to seeing the secondary today.

1) Devin White, LB
2) Chase Winovich, OLB
3) Michael Deiter, G/C
4) Mike Weber, RB

That will leave CB, TE and WR as top priorities in FA....doable. Leaves you with enough cap room to make a splash if you want to pull the trigger on a DE like Trey Flowers. I wouldnt...but you could.

Flowers Snacks Ashawn
Slay Walker Diggs ???

The TE is a luxury. The Lions have already taken enough tight ends in the first round to cover a lifetime. There are MUCH bigger needs on this team than ANOTHER weapon for Stafford. They gotta get better in the secondary and up front. This draft has WAY too much defensive talent to take TE.

As a die hard Michigan fan, it's hard for me to get pumped about Gary. We always knew his measureables and pure athleticism was great. But the dude NEVER beat anyone on the edge, and he never blew up plays. He was always just kind of "there." Even if Michigan was putting him in bad spots, he should be good enough to blow past college o-linemen.

Last edited:
Back