Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My plan to rebuild the Pistons

About Deng, it's kind of the media hype machine. They like to say Rose is the only shot-maker on the team (probably more to prop up Rose than anything), and that they have nothing without him. But I will say, I don't think the current Bulls would want Gordon. Even if he could capitalize on Rose's penetration and team ball-movement, he can't defend a lick. Top teams have to be able to defend as well as they score, and Gordon can't contribute to a team that way - this is a large part of why people don't think he should start anywhere.

But really, that just makes my point. If we want to be contenders again, it is going to take more than a new PF. We need an entirely new starting lineup outside C. Knight hopefully grows into a great PG. But SG is just as much a need as SF/PF. At least at the F positions we have Jerebko, who will hustle his way to solid play every game. At SG, we are consistently fielding average or bad players.

A move I would love to see us make it BG or Stuckey to the Knicks for expirings and a 1st. They are in desperate need for a guard.

Back