Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My student lost a bet...

ohiorounder

...to me on the O$U game. I bet him a homework pass verses a day in a Michigan shirt. Today was pay-up day. You'd be surprised how much junk 3rd graders can talk, and how refreshing it is to hush them up.

Hopefully, he will eventually understand that he actually won the bet. Doing your homework and wearing Michigan stuff is a win. Not doing your homework in buckeye gear is a loss.

Red and Guilty said:
Hopefully, he will eventually understand that he actually won the bet. Doing your homework and wearing Michigan stuff is a win. Not doing your homework in buckeye gear is a loss.

I like your thought process.

Looks like a prison picture. He's definitely sad in that photo like someone kicked his dog.

I appreciate the story, but it just occurred to me that a parent might not like the idea of a teacher posting a picture of their kid to a message board. Just a thought.

Ron Swanson said:
...to me on the O$U game. I bet him a homework pass verses a day in a Michigan shirt. Today was pay-up day. You'd be surprised how much junk 3rd graders can talk, and how refreshing it is to hush them up.

lol

the look on his face is priceless. Although, he does look a bit scared. What'd you ask him to do? lol

Red and Guilty said:
I appreciate the story, but it just occurred to me that a parent might not like the idea of a teacher posting a picture of their kid to a message board. Just a thought.

After the priceless look on his face that's what I thought, too.

Big no-no in this day in age not getting a parents consent... I appreciate the effort in getting the kid to do his homework but his parents may not appreciate this type of exposure. Just trying to protect you...

Haha, that is hilarious! I always liked it when teachers would make those kinds of bets with students. At least for me, it made me like them more, which often would lead to me trying harder in their class. Priceless picture.

Kid looks like he spent 15 minutes in the PSU locker room. What? Too soon?

... But seriously, I would be pissed if my kids teacher posted a picture of them online. Probably should take it down.

I have consent to use images in my classroom on the Internet. I have a Facebook page for my classroom and parents get a kick out of seeing all the stuff we do in class. As far as the bet, Dad got a kick out of that as well. He wasn't scared. Just told him to pout.

Back