Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My way too early yardage prediction thread

2000 yards out of tate and ebron would be amazing....a miracle really....and that's not based on their talent...its based on staffords ability to get anything out of 2nd and 3rd receiving options other than a dump down to bush.

Last edited:
That's 5250.....my guess is there will be other players with a few catches....meaning you think Stafford will throw for 5500-5600+ next year??

No.

Try again.

Yeah, a few here or there, this is just the main guy that are contributing. Throws to other players would just take somebody elses yardage down a bit. It is only a couple hundred more yards than our playoff year, and this squad has much more talent than that one.

5K isn't a crazy target anymore. I think we will try and run the ball more and if we are successful that may drop the numbers a bit, but then again it never hurt Brees. In the passing game I think if anyone's numbers will suffer it will be CJs, not in a bad way though, its just he's not option 1, 1A, 1B. That is as Hughes said, if Staff can hit his second and third option without running around like a fat girl at a Spanx sale.

Yeah, a few here or there, this is just the main guy that are contributing. Throws to other players would just take somebody elses yardage down a bit. It is only a couple hundred more yards than our playoff year, and this squad has much more talent than that one.

Staff only throws for over 5000 this year if the Lions lose 10+ games.

More wins = more carries = fewer passing yards

I like your enthusiasm....but it's just too many yards.

Just my opinion

5K isn't a crazy target anymore. I think we will try and run the ball more and if we are successful that may drop the numbers a bit, but then again it never hurt Brees. In the passing game I think if anyone's numbers will suffer it will be CJs, not in a bad way though, its just he's not option 1, 1A, 1B. That is as Hughes said, if Staff can hit his second and third option without running around like a fat girl at a Spanx sale.

Yep and I hope you're right and his attempts are lower. I'm hoping for the 550 range or lower. But that might be a lot too ask for..

Staff only throws for over 5000 this year if the Lions lose 10+ games.

More wins = more carries = fewer passing yards

I like your enthusiasm....but it's just too many yards.

Just my opinion

One thing though, even with a decent run game, I think we are as explosive as we have ever been. Calvin can take it to the house any time. Bush too. We all know how Tate is after the catch. Ebron won't be running that 7 yard curl like Pettigrew does.

I think the new staff will be more aggressive than Linehan and less stubborn in sticking to the run game when it is not working.

Yep and I hope you're right and his attempts are lower. I'm hoping for the 550 range or lower. But that might be a lot too ask for..

Stafford breaks his leg week 2. James Franklin wins rookie of the year throwing for 4200 yards and rushing for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Here are my predictions:

Tate will have more drops then he ever has had in a season
People will be calling Ebron a wasted pick
Durham will see the field more than people hope

CJ 1600
GT 850
BP 400
EE 400
RB 500
JB 450
KD 350
JF 200
Misc 200

Here are my predictions:

CJ 1600
GT 850
BP 400
EE 400
RB 500
JB 450
KD 350
JF 200
Misc 200

So 4,950 yards. That's a good thing. You make it seem bad with your comments. TE production up 300 yards and number 2 WR production up 360 yards. Rb production down 50. Calvin up 100.

Last edited:
Here are my predictions:

CJ 1600
GT 850
BP 400
EE 400
RB 500
JB 450
KD 350
JF 200
Misc 200

Why do you predict Tate will have the most drops?

Interesting Stafford had 10 picks in 4 losses (at Chi,GB,at NO, at GB) in 2011 and in 2013 (at Pit, TB,Bal,NYG). 6 picks in wins in 2011 and 9 picks in wins in 2013.

Stafford had 12 less TDs in 2013 than 2011. Detroits defense had 12 less turnovers forced in 2013 than 2011 (34 to 22). Detroits offense had 8 more fumbles in 2013 compared to 2011 as well. Drop % was 9.1 in 2013 and 6.9 in 2011. 2.2% difference in comp % right there.

Healthy weapons for Stafford, better coaching. Big season from Stafford in 2014.

32 TDs and 12 ints 4,950 yards 62%

Why do you predict Tate will have the most drops?

My guess is that Brewer is factoring in the fact that Tate will likely receive the most targets of his career as well as being throw to by Stafford instead of Wilson. And to clarify, Brewer said the most drops of Tate's career, not the most drops of all receivers.

My guess is that Brewer is factoring in the fact that Tate will likely receive the most targets of his career as well as being throw to by Stafford instead of Wilson. And to clarify, Brewer said the most drops of Tate's career, not the most drops of all receivers.

Tate had 98 targets in 2013. Burleson had 110 in 2011. I don't see his drop rate dropping that much from 12 more balls.

Back