Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NATO convention sucks

I think champ is referring to the financial backing of the Tea Party Express candidates that tsmith referenced earlier as having taken over DC IN 2010, and not the demonstration attendees.

Well, I've heard some of the primary challengers to seated incumbent Republicans as being "Tea Party" candidates, but the truth is, primary challenges have been brought against incumbents in both parties, "Always and Forever (my wedding song)"
-those recent challengers were just long standing Republican party regulars who wanted to challenge for the local nomation as far as I know.

Just recently, Joe Lieberman lost a primary challenge, as did the new Democrat and long standing Senator Arlen Specter - the Tea Party didn't have anything to do with that.

In 1992, Pat Buchanan challenged incumbent President George H.W. Bush for the Republican nomination; in 1980 Ted Kennedy challenged President Carter and four years earlier Ronald Reagan almost wrested the Republican nomination from President Ford - no Tea Party had anything to do with any of those.

These are just a handful of notable examples; challenges to incumbents happen all the time; they always have and they always will.

tsmith doesn't even seem to know when the Tea Party started.

tsmith, or any other conservative, or any liberal, or any Republican or any Democrat or any butcher or baker or candlestickmaker can call a anyone they want to a Tea Party candidate, I guess.

A person can call any old Collie dog "Lassie," if they wanna - that don't mean she's gonna pull them up out of the well.

Back