Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NCAA Tourney Draw

UMRules06

Michigan gets the #3 seed in Xavier's region, and will play Montana in Wichita this Thursday.

Looks like a decent bracket and sets up nicely for at least an elite 8. We are with Xavier, OSU, Zaga, and UNC. Unc being the only team we'd play before the Elite 8.

Houston is a really tough 2nd round game if we end up playing them

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Houston could be tough. I don't think the committee did Michigan any favors. Montana, Houston, then UNC...

Oh well, we will see what happens.

Surprised they didn't split the 4 big ten teams into different regions. I'd love another Michigan vs Ohio State game

I'm just shaking my head at this entire field. Is it just me or does it just seem to be crazy? Some of these teams do not deserve to be in the tournament. Of course, the committee never really has to explain themselves. Sure, there are few grumblings here and there, but after the games start, those die down and are never heard from again.

Houston could be tough. I don't think the committee did Michigan any favors. Montana, Houston, then UNC...

Oh well, we will see what happens.

Surprised they didn't split the 4 big ten teams into different regions. I'd love another Michigan vs Ohio State game
Montana is weak. Zero wins vs top 100 teams this year.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Should be a Michigan-UNC game in the sweet 16. I don't think Ohio State will make it past Gonzaga, or Xavier. I just hope Michigan is still hot and hungry after the B1G Championship! GO BLUE!

The at large field is a complete joke. Asu,Oklahoma,Alabama Syracuse all do not deserve a bid. What a horrible job this committee did lol..

Last edited:
Looks like, should Michigan get to the round of 16 (which I expect), they would play that one and potentially the next one in my back yard.

Maybe I would go...

I'm just shaking my head at this entire field. Is it just me or does it just seem to be crazy? Some of these teams do not deserve to be in the tournament. Of course, the committee never really has to explain themselves. Sure, there are few grumblings here and there, but after the games start, those die down and are never heard from again.

They put Purdue at a 2 seed and both Michigan and MSU at 3 seeds. I don't get that.

All this talk about RPI being so important and with an RPI of No. 34, USC is the highest-ranked major conference team ever left out of the NCAA Tournament in the 68-team era.

I am a Cuse fan and have watched most of their games and I have no clue how they got in. And Oklahoma was great to start the year and ended the year 2-8 in their last 10

I was mad about the Detroit thing, but now looking at what State got placed in, I don't care. Michigan's got a really favorable path if they can take advantage.

I am a Cuse fan and have watched most of their games and I have no clue how they got in. And Oklahoma was great to start the year and ended the year 2-8 in their last 10

OK was 4-11 in their last 15 games. They've been dreadful since mid-January...so pretty much two straight months of nothing but losing basketball.

Last edited:
I was mad about the Detroit thing, but now looking at what State got placed in, I don't care. Michigan's got a really favorable path if they can take advantage.

I said the same thing I would rather have UNC and Xavier as top 2 seeds instead of Duke and Kansas. Izzo has always had issues with Duke and Bagely was out when they played to start the year, And Kansas looked tough in the B12 tourney

We should have been the 2 seed in the East. Its a fucking travesty that Purdue is a 2 seed and we arent. I like our region but that region would have been even better.

We should have been the 2 seed in the East. Its a fucking travesty that Purdue is a 2 seed and we arent. I like our region but that region would have been even better.

If any team in the Big 10 should have been a 2 it was MSU. I think all three should have been 3's

Back