Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ND vs. OSU - who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win, ND or OSU?

• ND because I just hate OSU that much

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • ND because I'm Catholic

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • OSU because I just hate ND that much

• OSU because we play them and control our destiny better

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • OSU - Big Ten solidarity and/or grudging respect for this opponent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goddamn typo... should be "GRUDGING respect..."

I'm between options #3 and #5 on this, but since I'd root for just about anybody over ND, I went with #3 here.

I guess I didn't really give the only OSU fan who still posts here (TomDalton) an option, sorry for that.

I want a 6-OT loss where the referees make the worst call in the history of CFB that directly affects the outcome to the point where everyone knows that the loser was royally hosed and the NCAA apologizes three days later, but the result stands. I don't care which team wins or loses otherwise.

ND by a mile and it's not close. I have no clue why anybody would want OSU to win this game. Are they our #1 rival or are they not?

ND is no longer our rival as far as I'm concerned. We don't play them regularly. I can dislike them, but I don't give a crap how their season goes. I don't like Bama either, and if they play OSU you're damn straight I'm all about that Roll Tide.

I have not and will not ever root for OSU in any football game period.

ND by a mile and it's not close. I have no clue why anybody would want OSU to win this game. Are they our #1 rival or are they not?

Wow. Yeah, they're our #1 rival, but I have some respect for their program, and consider the shared history of Bo and Woody. I do dislike OSU a lot, and there's a lot to dislike about them, but they're not all bad.

I never liked anything about ND though, and can't stand like 99% of the ND fans and alums I've met.

ND might be the only team in the country I'd root for OSU to beat

I will NEVER root for OSU to win with the lone exception of it helping Michigan (e.g. MSU in 2021). SOS is irrelevant for Michigan, you go 13-0 and you're in the playoff so I don't care about SOS or conference strength etc. Fuck osu.

Notre Dame, because I was diagnosed there with schizophrenia and the TV already told me. ??

Regardless of what anyone thinks, we need OSU to win this game. Our stregth of schedule fucks us...hard. If OSU goes on to lose and we beat them, but have that one loss to PSU, we WILL NOT get into the playoff. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

To add, if this is NDs only loss and we beat OSU with 1 loss, we get in and ND doesnt. If ND wins and USC is their only loss and we have one loss, ND gets in.
And Yes, I am expecting a hiccup in Happy Valley.

Last edited:
I just double checked.

I picked the Buckeyes to cover the three points.

I never change my pick after I make it.

That said, the outcome of the game doesn?t matter.

The only game the Buckeyes will play this year that matters will be in Ann Arbor.

Where they?ll lose.

Again.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, we need OSU to win this game. Our stregth of schedule fucks us...hard. If OSU goes on to lose and we beat them, but have that one loss to PSU, we WILL NOT get into the playoff. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

To add, if this is NDs only loss and we beat OSU with 1 loss, we get in and ND doesnt. If ND wins and USC is their only loss and we have one loss, ND gets in.
And Yes, I am expecting a hiccup in Happy Valley.

Just beat PSU.

Easy, Peary.

Yeah not about playing out all the hypothetical scenarios. For today, I want to see OSU lose. Michigan controls their own destiny and does not currently need any help.

If it just so happens that at the end of the season we discover in hindsight that OSU winning today helped Michigan out, then sure I can retroactively be happy about it. But for today, no I will not root for OSU.

Yeah not about playing out all the hypothetical scenarios. For today, I want to see OSU lose. Michigan controls their own destiny and does not currently need any help.

If it just so happens that at the end of the season we discover in hindsight that OSU winning today helped Michigan out, then sure I can retroactively be happy about it. But for today, no I will not root for OSU.

That?s a pretty good strategy. That?s how I?m going to play it.

this is surprisingly closer than I expected. Michigan twitter was more overwhelmingly filled with ND hate.

It IS a little surprising that ESPN GameDay is in South Bend today for a game ESPN isn?t contracted to broadcast.

Back