Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Never happy....

You know damn well if they drafted DT/DE that people would be complaining about how they didn't do anything to fix the running game. It is what it is. I'm not saying these were great picks or sure fire all pros but to pretend like these were terrible choices before they take the field is silly.

Last edited:
You know damn well if they drafted DT/DE that people would be complaining about how they didn't do anything to fix the running game. It is what it is. I'm not saying these were great picks or sure fire all pros but to pretend like these were terrible choices before they take the field is silly.

Pretty happy with Frank Ragnow-rock. Pretty happy with Kerryon Johnson.

Not as happy with losing a pick when we could have had Guice (and probably Johnson) with our normal pick. Not happy with Walker and hoping they see something in him no one else really did.

We're really going to be hard pressed to get the D-Line help we needed with no 4th rounder to work with. Maybe they can get creative here to get a 4th back and still get a guy like Hurst, but it's not looking good.

All in all, the team has improved, but not as much as I hoped.

The Lions just basically fixed the running game this yr and people are still crying lol. It never ends. You can't fix everything at once and unfortunately there were multiple holes.

Fixed the run game with the center we drafted? That's a good possibility. Then we traded up to draft a rb that will be a backup here, behind our rbs that would be backups on any other team.

Pretty happy with Frank Ragnow-rock. Pretty happy with Kerryon Johnson.

Not as happy with losing a pick when we could have had Guice (and probably Johnson) with our normal pick. Not happy with Walker and hoping they see something in him no one else really did.

We're really going to be hard pressed to get the D-Line help we needed with no 4th rounder to work with. Maybe they can get creative here to get a 4th back and still get a guy like Hurst, but it's not looking good.

All in all, the team has improved, but not as much as I hoped.

Walker is Slays cousin, from what I've heard. Don't know a thing about him.

Walker is Slays cousin, from what I've heard. Don't know a thing about him.

Can't say I know much about him. But I do know it's unlikely that a rookie most people think is mainly going to be a special teams player will beat out Tavon Wilson, who we have under contract for two more years, and I am nearly 100% sure he's not beating out Glover Quinn.

So at best, he was a depth pick, in the 3rd round, at a position we didn't really need depth at. And we still haven't addressed the front seven.

I know most people thought he was a 5th to 7th rounder... which means nothing to me. These mock draft guys don't seem to ever have a clue. But I can't imagine they were missing the mark so badly that we just found a hidden superstar where we didn't really need one, and that's he was just so good, we had to pass up on players that could really improve the team to stockpile him and let him groom into the next Troy Polamalu.

I am hoping the team has much higher confidence in Zettle, Ansah, Hyder, and Robinson than I do.

We might be last in the league in sacks. We play:
Garapollo
Brady
Rodgers x2
Cousins x2
Wilson
Newton
Goff

With no pass rush. The 8 wins i predicted was based on addressing one of the worst front 7s in football. Instead we took a top 10 offense and decided that needed improvement over getting to the qb....smart.

Ansah williams Robinson
Kennard jones davis freeny
Slay wilson quin shead

Yikes...

Last edited:

No idea how these picks turn out, don't have an opinion but draft bashing has been around since the draft started. And we've all done it.

No idea how these picks turn out, don't have an opinion but draft bashing has been around since the draft started. And we've all done it.

The "draft analysis" is all bullshit IMO, it can't be truly evaluated until after 2 or 3 seasons.

I like this draft right now mainly because the Lions are being proactive about getting who they want.

Fixed the run game with the center we drafted? That's a good possibility. Then we traded up to draft a rb that will be a backup here, behind our rbs that would be backups on any other team.

You think Johnson is a backup RB? Our conversation is done then lol

The "draft analysis" is all bullshit IMO, it can't be truly evaluated until after 2 or 3 seasons.

I like this draft right now mainly because the Lions are being proactive about getting who they want.

Sure. But it's innate that sports fans complain.. Just look at the game threads. And it should be okay to do it.

Deshawn Hand..dline addressed. Ansah, hyder, zettel and cwash in 3-4 works.

Trust the patricia scheme. He made van noy look decent
.can do the same to a chirstian jones

Deshawn Hand..dline addressed. Ansah, hyder, zettel and cwash in 3-4 works.

Trust the patricia scheme. He made van noy look decent
.can do the same to a chirstian jones

Love hand... but he does nothing to fix your pass rush.

Love hand... but he does nothing to fix your pass rush.

This draft feels poorly managed. We traded up twice for players we didn't need to trade up for. And which team was the beneficiary of our overpay in both cases? The f'n Patriots. We gave up our own 4th rounder to pick a RB that didn't seem to be in anyone else's 2nd round. We then had to give up a future 3rd to get a guy in the 4th that could have been had with that same pick we gave away.

I don't hate the picks themselves, but the value was complete crap. After the trades we've given up a 2019 third rounder for no discernible reason.

This draft feels poorly managed. We traded up twice for players we didn't need to trade up for. And which team was the beneficiary of our overpay in both cases? The f'n Patriots. We gave up our own 4th rounder to pick a RB that didn't seem to be in anyone else's 2nd round. We then had to give up a future 3rd to get a guy in the 4th that could have been had with that same pick we gave away.

I don't hate the picks themselves, but the value was complete crap. After the trades we've given up a 2019 third rounder for no discernible reason.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/...the-2018-draft
Crafty Bob Quinn keeps taking other teams? top targets in the 2018 Draft.
Bob Quinn is one step ahead of the rest of the league.
POD

In Detroit he will be, I see nothing special with this guy. Leggy, and a chronic fucking limp

Well, since YOU see nothing in him then it must be true lol. I'll take our scouts word on it tho but thanks.
His production speaks for itself. Big kid with deceptive speed that will get you the tough yards. Also catches the football out of the backfield. Potential workhorse. What a bust he probably is lol. This fanbase is such a joke...

How do you know they didn't need to trade up to get Johnson? Word is, Washington was snagging him at 44. Lions jumped them and got their guy. You like someone, you go get them.

Back