Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Bracketology seeds

bestisbest

Michigan up to a 3 seed.

Michigan St. up to a 1 seed.

Looks like the Michigan win bumped Sparty up to a #1.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Michigan up to a 3 seed.

i'm sure the win over Ohio didn't hurt either.

so where are the rest of the big 10 teams?

i'm guessing ohio's a 2? Wisconsin and Indiana 4, 5, or 6 possibly?

Purdue is probably still in. Northwestern could get on the bubble. UI & Minnesota are out.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]so where are the rest of the big 10 teams?

i'm guessing ohio's a 2? Wisconsin and Indiana 4, 5, or 6 possibly?

Michigan St.-1
Ohio-2
Michigan-3
Wisconsin-4
Indiana-5
Purdue-10
Northwestern-12

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="BestIsBest":itggc60v]Michigan up to a 3 seed.

i'm sure the win over Ohio didn't hurt either.[/quote:itggc60v]

Yeah, well, if OSU had beaten Michigan, OSU would still be getting the 1 seed that they were getting last week even after MSU beat them...

Does anyone know if we win out and Ohio beats Sparty and their is a 3 way tie how that will work as far as tie breakers? I would assume we would still be 3rd but it would be nice to be B10 champs :)

wheels002 said:
Does anyone know if we win out and Ohio beats Sparty and their is a 3 way tie how that will work as far as tie breakers? I would assume we would still be 3rd but it would be nice to be B10 champs :)

I believe and I am unsure, that if all 3 are tied and all 3 split, then it goes to each team's record over the 4th place team and then on down the list until someone distinguishes themselves. MSU, Michigan, and OSU have all swept Wisconsin, so it might go to the 5th place team and so on whomever that turns out to be.

of course, the tiebreaker is only for seeding in the BTT

was thinking Michigan as a 3 seed is the highest I can remember in a long time, but I was WAY off.

when we won in '89 we were a #3.

the Fab 5 year 1 we were a #6.

But in Fab 5 year 2, we were a #1.

then we were a #3 again in '94.

then amazingly a #3 again under Ellerbe in '98. Forgot about that. Those tourneys in the mid 90's we always seemed to underachieve.

and just looking quickly, wisconsin has been swept, indiana split with us and ohio and sparty is 1-0 against them, but have to go to bloomingshit. Assuming sparty loses it goes down to Purdue.

lol this year could get complicated.

I don't know about the new tourney setup, but it used to be almost better to be the 2 or 3 than the 1.

Hungry said:
I don't know about the new tourney setup, but it used to be almost better to be the 2 or 3 than the 1.

tourny.png

the one seed almost guarantees a trip to the finals.

Wisconsin should be the 4...unless indiana pulls off a big final push. I don't see either of those teams as really difficult on a neutral court.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]the one seed almost guarantees a trip to the finals.

Wisconsin should be the 4...unless indiana pulls off a big final push. I don't see either of those teams as really difficult on a neutral court.

agreed.

I'd be more willing to bet that UW could pull it together than Indiana.

Indiana can play in Bloomington, but their reputation was built entirely on two wins early in the season. they've been average since those two.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

tourny.png

Hey Monster! Did you use your Administrator magic to post the brackets? (It's not showing as a picture.)

Oh, never mind. It's showing as a picture now that I quoted the post.

Back