Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Golf Tour

who says getting fed ex points is what determines that it is a tour? The women's tour doesn't get fed ex points. Also, the size of the field has nothing to do with it being a tour. The PGA is going to have several no cut, pre-determined "sized" events next year.

who says getting fed ex points is what determines that it is a tour? The women's tour doesn't get fed ex points. Also, the size of the field has nothing to do with it being a tour. The PGA is going to have several no cut, pre-determined "sized" events next year.

LPGA have an equivalent. The PGA has always had predetermined sized events, for example to 30 o 60 or so. World golf championships they're called.

LPGA have an equivalent. The PGA has always had predetermined sized events, for example to 30 o 60 or so. World golf championships they're called.

Just because you don't like the LIV tour, and because it's different than the PGA tour, doesn't mean it isn't a tour.

You do know that the reason the PGA golfers that left for the LIV got suspended because they joined a rival tour, don't you?

Lots of things called tours don?t give FedEx points.

By your definition, the only thing that?s actually a tour is the PGA tour, regardless of what anyone calls anything else.

DP Tour (formerly European Tour, Korn Ferry Tour, Sunshine Tour, Australian Tour.. LIV Golf LOL. They are not a tour, I mean its in the name.

I haven't been following over the winter...just saw the article today.

I highly doubt LIV golfers will be able to play in the PGA championship.

The 4 majors are separate entities. Even the PGA championship. Odd being the name is PGA ... They can always change their mind but haven't yet.

LIV golfers well represented in the Masters. It was a really good tournament.

Wait, isn't the masters a PGA event? could LIV golfers participate or is that sarcasm?

I don't care enough to look it up myself

Wait, isn't the masters a PGA event? could LIV golfers participate or is that sarcasm?

I don't care enough to look it up myself

none of the 4 major tournaments is sponsored by the PGA tour. Those 4 events dictate who can play in them. I think 18 of the players on the LIV tour qualified to play in the Masters.

I was really rooting for a LIV golfer to win it. It would have been a nice F.U. to the PGA tour commissioner.

I was rooting for Sam Bennett but he faltered in the final round.

I don't root for a dictatorship and their money. Fk them.

gotcha.

I really don't care too much. I just like the fact that the PGA has some competition. The LIV is the best thing that has happened for professional golfers since Tiger Woods came on to the scene.

Back