Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NEW LB SIGNED

tsmith7559

Lions claimed DE/OLB Cody Brown off waivers from the Jets.
The 63rd pick in the 2009 draft, Brown couldn't make the transition to 3-4 outside linebacker with the Cardinals and Jets. For a 4-3 team like the Lions, he's worth a kick of the tires. Brown also has practice squad eligibility.

This move has Mayhew written all over it. I'm not sure if it's him, Schwartz, or a combination of the two (Gunther and Linehan included), but they seem to have such a great eye for guys with big talent who have either failed in a specific scheme or are just in a bad situation to succeed because of the team they play for.

practice squad...they have their 6 LB roster spots locked.

Its also what camp is about trying to find a player no one expected to be able to contribute that turns out to be a player. To me Corey Williams was like that last year. The browns just gave him to us for cheap and he helped Suh be the player he was. I doubt this kid makes the squad but you never know. I think Hogue could end up being a hell of an OLB for us. His skill set fits exactly what the Lions require he is just raw and will need a year or 2.

Yea hes just a practice squad guy. we are just to deep at lb which is really unusual for me to say since for over a decade we have had a bunch of crap at all three spots.

wheels002 said:
Oh come on we had Follett last year. (sarcasm)

Yea and Paris Lenon had a lot of tackles last year, maybe we should have kept him.

Any chance he gets a look at DE instead of LB? He was a 3 yr starter there at college with supposed pass rushing ability. He's a little small, and still probably a practice squad guy

Gotta luv having a guy on the practice squad who can step into a backup role when someone gets injured. That's an atypical amount of depth at LB, especially for the Lions. Very nice!

LB has become a position of strength for Detroit......one of the best front 7 D's in fottball

Back