Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New users on the ESPN Forum!

lostleader

Checked out the old boards for the first time a long time. Who the hell are all of those new people, I don't remember seeing them in the past.

Also why has ABCD not come to the dark side?

Most of the people I've seen over there are just trolls. There are always a few people here or there that pop up only for football season, and generally only the extreme good parts, like beating ND, or the extreme bad parts, like firing RR. They're only there because "something" is happening in Michigan football, and not really there to contribute much. They aren't much better than the trolls even if they are actual fans.

Funny thing is, people there have no idea how good of a board that used to be. The board, the people on it, hell it was even fun flaming trolls right off the board. The best is when they used to post bull shit and we would bore them right off the board by talking about chicken pot pies and snicker bars.

MichiganMicros313 said:
Funny thing is, people there have no idea how good of a board that used to be. The board, the people on it, hell it was even fun flaming trolls right off the board. The best is when they used to post bull shit and we would bore them right off the board by talking about chicken pot pies and snicker bars.

That was fun!

MichiganMicros313 said:

Haha good times. I remember getting into a serious discussion about pizza on one of ABCDs threads I think.

theo said:
MichiganMicros313 said:

Haha good times. I remember getting into a serious discussion about pizza on one of ABCDs threads I think.
The classic . . . . . C L A S H . . . . . O F . . . . . M E A T . . . . T I T A N S . . . . . Thread.

P E P E R O N I. . . . . vs . . . . . S A U S A G E . . . . .

I remember it well.

Another thing I miss are ABCD's strange abbreviations. Penn State vs. Michigan turns into PnSta-Rd vs. Mch-Hm or something equally bizarre. No standard spelling was good enough for shorthand use, it had to be ABCD's weird version.

Yeah, and how he would recall games like PaS @ Debord.

Does the board recall.

I miss abcd.

He was the only one who knew anything about military history and had seen the movies I had...

I just looked at the post counts. after the Miami loss, ohio's board melted down and this drove their post count WAY past Michigan.

That one poster "invisible man" who trolls their board... that guy's posts crack me up!

It's hilarious the way some of the posters their get mad at him.

that is GRADE A trolling!

MichChamp02 said:
I miss abcd.

He was the only one who knew anything about military history and had seen the movies I had...
I kinda miss that crotchety bastard too. I tried multiple times to get him to join us here but no dice.

Right you are, Vic....

qohelet1960 said:
laugh.png
. I made it. These boards look great. I can't wait until game day!

weird

Hey MichChamp - I know some military history. Watching The Pacific again with my youngest son.

Yeah the ESPN board is flat out terrible now.. But we still have each other over here however sappy that sounds...

There is so much information over here now between KC his posts and all of the Tigers,Lions, and Wolverine posters... The Spartan, Piston and Red wing boards could use some help but we have so many more options over here..

Mich_QB_U said:
Hey MichChamp - I know some military history. Watching The Pacific again with my youngest son.

There has got to be at least a handful of people on any board that enjoys military history. I for one love it.....I have the Military Channel on all the time. I find WWII fascinating, but I can find interest in any noteworthy historical event, military or otherwise.

In my two tips to Hawaii, I made a point to go to Pearl Harbor and tour the Battleship Missouri, the Arizona memorial, as well as visit all the heros at the Pacific War Cemetery (also on Oahu).

I have read many books on these topics and would have many opinions to interject except for the fact that my interest in this board (and my available time) comes and goes and therefore my participation is unreliable and based on the chance that I catch the thread. But regardless, I think there are more people interested in Military history than MC is giving credit.

For the record, David McCullough's "1776" is the best book I've ever read on the revolutionary war (one of the best non-fiction works I've ever read). I'm currently reading "Havana Nocturne" which is more about the mob in Cuba in the 40's and 50's, but includes the entire revolution, bay of pigs, and missile crises as well...so I'd recommend it too (it's been great so far).

Wings board will pick up soon enough ...... Pistons board, maybe not so much=

Back