Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next year could be rough

that @ UW game looks to be rough. and of course OSU will be tough, but Barrett will be gone... not sure who their QB will be. I know they're young this year as well.

Will be interesting to see what happens with JT. He's a tremendous college QB, obviously, but many/most don't think he projects well in the NFL. I won't be surprised if he declares, I won't be surprised if he comes back.

Will be interesting to see what happens with JT. He's a tremendous college QB, obviously, but many/most don't think he projects well in the NFL. I won't be surprised if he declares, I won't be surprised if he comes back.

Name a successful Meyer QB in the NFL. He might as well stay.

Future RB or W/T.

Has Drake Johnson got any PT this season? I've read somewhere that he might get held out all season and apply for another year. Don't know how his outlook is for getting that extra year, but Ed Davis got one at MSU.

No PT for Drake. He won't be playing at all this year. On 9/19/16, Scout reported they were exploring the option of a 6th year for him.

Tim Tebow .....wait.
Chris Leak ....oh, right he's about to go to jail for child molestation.

Alex Smith...? Provided he has a good coach..

Alex "I've Never Thrown for 3500 Yards or Over 20 TDs" Smith. Hell of an apex to have.

there are plenty of successful Meyer players -many who play QB on offense- in prison leagues around the country.

it really reflects the hard work ethic and commitment to success his cold, hyper-competitive, emotionally dead father drummed into him.

Speight improving and becoming a really good QB is huge.

RBs I think we are good, WRs as well. The Butt hole (lol) is gonna be hard to fill (lol had too). Oline I am not too sure about.

Dline will be great. LBs I think will improve overall. DBs will suffer.

Future RB or W/T.

Don't know what W/T is but JT has no future as an NFL running back. Lacking in speed and couldn't take the pounding. His only hope is as a QB and that's a long shot. Young man has terrific leadership skills, however, and talent to some degree so maybe he catches on.

Positions that will be better next year are QB, WR, TE, DE, LB, S, RB. Positions that might have some growing pains are OL, CB, DT, AND S. I think we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Alex "I've Never Thrown for 3500 Yards or Over 20 TDs" Smith. Hell of an apex to have.

When I was at the Utah game last year, what smack talk there was from Utah fans (very, very nice people on the whole) was directed at Harbaugh for benching Smith in favor of Kaepernick.

One guy a few seats down after the game said it was "karma" that M lost for what Harbaugh did to Smith. I asked what he thought about the fact that Kaep lead the Niners to the SuperBowl and he didn't care - just pissed that the Utah QB got benched.

Am I the only one who thinks WR depth looks better than it has in a very long time next year? I don't think much of chesson or darboh, darboh is a slow possession receiver and chesson has come a long way but still reminds me of a knock off of ted ginn. Kekoa, Nate Johnson, Eddie McDoom, Maurice ways and Drake Harris sound fine to me. Oh and grant perry.

I think we have a drop off at WR next year, but if Speight gets better it'll be unnoticeable.

also, while it'll he hard to replace Butt, we have Wheatley Jr. and a couple other guys who should be able to play TE well. not too concerned about that position.

the biggest losses I think will be on the defense & OL.

Darboh is averaging just under 15 yards a catch and just won the last game by blowing by the db to catch a bomb. Guess I'll take that in a slow possession receiver.

Positions that will be better next year are QB, WR, TE, DE, LB, S, RB. Positions that might have some growing pains are OL, CB, DT, AND S. I think we'll be fine.
Tons of blind hope in this post. If we're talking 2018 then maybe I can get behind it.

Let me just say that I believe in Harbaugh and the future is bright. I'm just pointing out all of the experience we are losing and that what is coming back is very inexperienced. It could be a 7-5,8-4 rebuilding year while Brandon Peters and Dylan McCaffrey grow into the starting QB for 2018. Then again, there will be plenty of talent and if the coaches do their jobs, we could pull an OSU and thump people. 2017 is far away. I get it.

Back