Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next year's front office/coaches

thehippo73

Who do you want?

Here are my choices

GM - Will McClay

HC - Brian Billick

OC - Scott Linehan

DC - Gym Shorts

GM - Jon Robinson or Nick Caserio
HC - Sean McDermott or Todd Haley or Josh McDaniels
OC - Lane Kiffin?
DC - Teryl Austin

Unfortunately so many solid candidates are NFL tv analysts now and won't give up a cushy tv job for the constant media fire of a coaching position. I've wanted Cowher in Motown for years. Just no way...

C'mon, man

I know Linehan is unlikely because it would be a lateral move. But Gym Shorts would be a good choice as DC. This year's team reflects the personality of their coach. Zero emotion.

You might be the only Lions fan who wants Gym Shorts back.

Why not go for Millen and we can get the whole ensemble back.

Last edited:
GM: Tom Gamble
Coach: Sean McDermot
Offensive Coordinator: Scott Frost
Defensive Coordinator: Dick LeBeau

Gm michael lombardi
Hc josh mcdaniels
Dc ray horton
Oc josh mcdaniels water boy

GM: Payton Manning (think about it, he is a football genius and has even been with a team that has a former qb as GM i.e. Elway)

Coach: Jon Harbaugh

Coach: Pagano/Harbaugh - whichever of the two get fired...however if both get canned - bring in Jon boy.

GM: I dont have a clue - Ideally, id like to bring someone in here who has 'lived' the Lions pain, who has been involved with the Lions indirectly, or grew up here, etc. But they also need to be competent running a team/evaluating talent....I dont think this person exists.

OC: Harold Goodwin (Cardinals OC at the moment) - he went to UofM and has turned the cardinals Offense around from 32 in 2012, to top 3 in 2015. Not entirely sure why he would leave the cardinals job for the Lions...but one can wish.

DC: Im OK with austin staying - but if they want fresh blood, thats cool too

I don't want a Detroit guy. I also don't want Pagano.. he's unemotional like Caldwell and after that failed fake punt, no thanks.

Austin needs to go.

I change my mind. After watching dabo sweeny dancing in the locker room post game i want him as coach. Heck give him gm too.

I changed my mind to. I want Nick Caserio from New England as the new GM.

He's considered a rising star in New England, has a background as a player and as a scout, and has been the team's director of player personnel for a while now.

He's thought of as a strong talent evaluator. Here's an article from a year ago breaking down his importance to the Pats after they signed him to a deal through 2020.

http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/foo...28/why-keeping-nick-caserio-around-means-so-m

Sounds like he might be a hard get, but since Belichick isn't going anywhere for a long time to come, there is no immediate upward mobility for the guy, so he might be willing to jump to a team offering him a chance to be "the guy".

Other than that, I still want McDermott, Frost, and LeBeau, but I doubt we will get Lebeau even if we offered.

Back