Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next Years Starting Lineup?

bavarianinnman said:
I would be be glad if the Tigers were to sign Infante, David Dejesus, for 3rd base i think were going to be stuck with Betemit.

DeJesus would be a good pick, another offseason/year removed from the thumb injury/surgery 2010, and always was good. This year might have something to do with the home park/oakland, maybe.

2B and/or leadoff batter, is a bigger question for me. no definitve answer yet.

Infante would be a good pickup, hits for average. Got his start in Detroit, would be a pretty ideal #2 hitter.

id take coco, i think he could play right field lead off and is great on D. for 2B i like infante or kelly johnson, maybe even pay extra money and get brandon phillips and get a great 2b. and i think we shoulod resign WB he is a great hitteravg fielder and i dont think there is another 3b better on the matket then a-ram but hed be to much.

RF. Crisp
2B. kelly johnson or phillips or Infante
LF. Boesch
1B. Cabrera
DH. Martinez
SS. Peralta
C. Avila
3B. Betemit
CF. Jackson

id take dejesus over crisp for RF, i think he's a better overall player. crisp seems to be very up and down as well, whereas dejesus has been a pretty consistent contributor over his career.

as far as a replacement 3B, it all hinges on eating inge's contract for next year, which i REALLY think we should do. he's just NOT worth it anymore, even if he continues hitting like this in toledo. i just dont think he can be a productive ML player anymore.

as for infante, i wouldnt really want him but i guess i wouldnt be too upset if we signed him. i dont think he'd be consistently good enough again to be more than another stopgap. he'll be 30 in december and has had a few injuries this year.

Jackson CF
D. Young LF
Boesch RF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Peralta SS
Avila C
Betemit 3B
FA 2B

I agree that we need a 2b, but I would rather see us stay as is with the other positional players, and concentrate on starting pitching.

AJax
Boesch
DYoung
Cabrera
Vmart
Peralta
Avila
Betemit
2b (please not Raburn, please not Raburn)

Blow up a third of this team.
Get some players that aren't afraid to take a strike, go with a pitch to the opposite field, and can play defense with some range.
and get rid of 4/5's of the coaching staff.
if you think I'm pissed and venting, congrats on the F'n obvious.

Back