Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC & AFC Divisional Playoff Round

NFC
Saturday 8:15 Pm Fox
#6 San Francisco (11-7) at #1 Green Bay (13-4)
San Francisco 13 Green Bay 10 Final.

Sunday 3:00 Pm NBC
#4 Los Angeles (13-5) at #2 Tampa Bay (14-4).
Rams 30 Buccaneers 27 Final
====================================

AFC
Saturday 4:30 Pm CBS
#4 Cincinnati (11-7) at #1 Tennessee Titans (12-5)
Bengals 19 Tennessee 16 Final.

Sunday 6:30 Pm CBS
#3 Buffalo (12-6) at #2 Kansas City (12-5).
Buffalo 36 Kansas City 33 Final (I posted this with 13 seconds)
Kansas City 42 Buffalo 36 Final ot

Kansas City will now host its fourth AFC title games in a row.

Last edited:
Maybe the Bills should have dribble it or at least kick it in bounds on the kick off the last .13 seconds.. idk. 13 freaking seconds .Man why can?t the Lions have one of these qb?s. Oh wait they did but like always the Fords Fuck it up with shifty GM?s and Shitty coaches.

I still claim the Bucs Blitzing and not double Cooper was the dumbest defense call of the weekend on defense. Plus White did nothing on that play
Plus Bucs offensive game plan was putrid knowing the injuries they have on the line.

Or

Bills and Kansas City defense both playing prevent defense in the fourth quarter.

I can?t stand the Rams coach. He has a all star team. How the fuck do the Rams have 5 losses ?

Last edited:
I still claim the Bucs Blitzing and not double Cooper was the dumbest defense call of the weekend on defense. Plus White did nothing on that play
Plus Bucs offensive game plan was putrid knowing the injuries they have on the line.

Or

Bills and Kansas City defense both playing prevent defense in the fourth quarter.

I can?t stand the Rams coach. He has a all star team. How the fuck do the Rams have 5 losses ?

Bucs covered kupp with a safety.

Buffalo covered kelce with no one.

I'm honestly not sure what was dumber lol...

Bucs covered kupp with a safety.

Buffalo covered kelce with no one.

I'm honestly not sure what was dumber lol...

Gotta be the Kelse decision. At least the Bucs covered Kupp?I get it was with a safety?.but he was covered. They were blitzing. So to me, at least they were trying SOMETHING.

The fuckin Bills just didn?t cover Kelce, weren?t blitzing. Kelce ran 10 yards straight downfield until someone got within 10 yards of him. And KC had a timeout. It?s the equivalent of GIVING them a 47 yard attempt. The Bills actually would have been better off NOT tackling him to see if he had the IQ to slide on his own.

Last edited:
Gotta be the Kelse decision. At least the Bucs covered Kupp?I get it was with a safety?.but he was covered. They were blitzing. So to me, at least they were trying SOMETHING.

The fuckin Bills just didn?t cover Kelce, weren?t blitzing. Kelce ran 10 yards straight downfield until someone got within 10 yards of him. And KC had a timeout. It?s the equivalent of GIVING them a 47 yard attempt. The Bills actually would have been better off NOT tackling him to see if he had the IQ to slide on his own.

I think your right on Kelse over The Bucs decision.

But the Bucs overall defense game plan was stupid. And watching the replay of that play White for the Bucs didn?t even blitz and he stayed flat footed doing nothing on that play. But the overall game plan was stupid . nFL Next Gen stats showed the Bucs that you can?t blitz Stafford and they did on the dumbest play of the day and let Cooper zoom right by a flat footed Safety. Great throw by Matt. New Cooper would be there and threw to to the spot he could run under it. Dumb blitz. Double Cooper. The Rams kicker was short on a kick.

Maybe there is something to Pro Football Talk about coordinators interviewing for jobs when they should be concentrating on the next game.
I?d think twice about hiring Todd Bowles. He still blitzed the Rams when the game plan should been different.And Leftwich game plan to start should been a hurry up occult gwt the Rams on thier heels. I wasn?t a fan of the Bucs game plan against that super stacked defense.

Last edited:
I think your right on Kelse over The Bucs decision.

But the Bucs overall defense game plan was stupid. And watching the replay of that play White for the Bucs didn?t even blitz and he stayed flat footed doing nothing on that play. But the overall game plan was stupid . nFL Next Gen stats showed the Bucs that you can?t blitz Stafford and they did on the dumbest play of the day and let Cooper zoom right by a flat footed Safety. Great throw by Matt. New Cooper would be there and threw to to the spot he could run under it. Dumb blitz. Double Cooper. The Rams kicker was short on a kick.

Maybe there is something to Pro Football Talk about coordinators interviewing for jobs when they should be concentrating on the next game.
I?d think twice about hiring Todd Bowles. He still blitzed the Rams when the game plan should been different.And Leftwich game plan to start should been a hurry up occult gwt the Rams on thier heels. I wasn?t a fan of the Bucs game plan against that super stacked defense.

If not blitzing, then definitely need to jam receivers at the LOS with over the top support to disrupt routes and maintain coverages... with hope the DL gets to the QB before a receiver becomes open.

Prevent sucks way worse than attempting to blitz the QB no matter how good a QB might be at defeating a blitz. Prevent just never works unless up by 3 scores with 1 minute left. Even then...pretty sure I'd rather blitz or maintain press coverage.

If not blitzing, then definitely need to jam receivers at the LOS with over the top support to disrupt routes and maintain coverages... with hope the DL gets to the QB before a receiver becomes open.

Prevent sucks way worse than attempting to blitz the QB no matter how good a QB might be at defeating a blitz. Prevent just never works unless up by 3 scores with 1 minute left. Even then...pretty sure I'd rather blitz or maintain press coverage.

Even if you go deep safety...why wouldnt you play man under on guys like Kelce and Hill? Make someone else beat you. Not covering Kelce was just ridiculous. Atleast that way you can say you tried lol.

Last edited:
You have to double Cooper in that spot. Not sure you can double Kelce when the other team has Hill to. But Kelce did say to Patrick
If we get the same coverage I'm running the seam route. Bills seemed ro be covering the sideline. Dumb coverage for sure.

Great games but now I have to root for Bengals, Kc or 49ers. Not rooting for a LA but sadly they seem to have the best all around team right now of the four left standing.

Last edited:
Great games this weekend. ESPN is going crazy this morning...mainly Dan Orlovsky telling everyone i told you so about Stafford :D

i want to see a good super bowl. Burrow is a nice story. But give me KC vs Rams. SF doesnt have the fire power to compete against KC.

Great games this weekend. ESPN is going crazy this morning...mainly Dan Orlovsky telling everyone i told you so about Stafford :D

i want to see a good super bowl. Burrow is a nice story. But give me KC vs Rams. SF doesnt have the fire power to compete against KC.

IIRC, a 49ers vs Bengals SB would be the 3rd such matchup between the two teams in the SB. I believe that would mark the first time we would see a 3-peat in SBs.

IIRC, a 49ers vs Bengals SB would be the 3rd such matchup between the two teams in the SB. I believe that would mark the first time we would see a 3-peat in SBs.

that's the matchup I want but I doubt it happens. My money is on the Rams and KC

Cowboys v Steelers.

The source is Wikipedia, but I?m pretty sure a check against NFL historic records would corroborate that it is correct.

Cowboys lead in series 17-16.
(16-14) in regular season.

Super Bowl 30
Dallas 27-17

Super Bowl 13
Pittsburgh 35 Dallas 31

Super Bowl 10
Pittsburgh 21 Dallas 17

Last edited:
Back