Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Wildcard Race

biggunsbob

Assuming
Philadelphia, Minnesota, SF, and Tampa bay hold on to division leads

Wildcard race and remaining schedule.

#5 Dallas 10-3 (7-3) conference record.
They are in. Schedule is to easy

@ Jags
Eagles
@ Titans
@ Washington
================
6.Seattle 7-5 (5-4) in conference
Carolina
49ers
@Kc
NYJ
Rams
==============

7.Washington 7-5-1 (4-4-1) in conference.

NYG
@ 49ers
Cleveland
Dallas
==============

#8 NYG 7-5-1 (3-5-1) in conference.
Philadelphia
@ Washington
@ Minnesota
Colts
@ Philadelphia
=======================
#9 Detroit 6-7 (5-4) in conference
@ NYJ
@ Carolina
Chicago
@ Green Bay

Last edited:
I cant see Seattle losing to Panthers or Rams so 9 wins already there and tie break over us

Giants and Washington each winning 2 more puts them at 9-7-1 in 5 and 4 games

Meaning Lions most likely have to win out now because of that tie today

Jimmy G broke his foot and is out for the season. They are down to their 3rd string QB. They could easily lose the division lead

Jimmy G broke his foot and is out for the season. They are down to their 3rd string QB. They could easily lose the division lead

They arw 8-4 though. Dont know how tiebrealers wpuld shake it out if they finished 1-4 and Lions 9-8. Would still need Wash or Giants 1-3 or 1-4

Lions put themselves in too big of a hole with those bad losses to Minnesota and Miami.

Love to see them healthy and hitting on all cylinders?..but we likely end up a couple games short of the playoffs.

Get more defensive talent in the building?..keep the offense in tact and get Jamesons speed involved. Win the division in ?23.

Wasted wins. I know you all think these wins will make this team better for next season. Never works that way. Wasted wins.

Wasted wins. I know you all think these wins will make this team better for next season. Never works that way. Wasted wins.

Gotta start somewhere. If we lose like you want and get a high pick they might fire the coach. That?s a huge setback again. Gotta start winning sooner or later. The Lions are winning the division next year hopefully. Vikings have 9 wins by one score or less. That isn?t holding up next season hopefully.

Last edited:

Professionals are paid to win. So it's good to see these guys earning their money as often as possible. I hope the Lions win out, and win the Super Bowl. That is the sole objective this organization should have. Anything else is shorting itself and its fans.

Gotta start somewhere. If we lose like you want and get a high pick they might fire the coach. That?s a huge setback again. Gotta start winning sooner or later. The Lions are winning the division next year hopefully. Vikings have 9 wins by one score or less. That isn?t holding up next season hopefully.

They will eventually can the guy. It'll be like always finish well start next season 1-6. They need an NFC south type division.

They will eventually can the guy. It'll be like always finish well start next season 1-6. They need an NFC south type division.

Could be.

Who know?

Have you ever noticed that ?Wembanyama? and ?Excalibur? have the the same amount of syllables with almost zero of the same letters?

That?s something you don?t see every day.

Lions are winning division games so far. Lions will add talent. We'll see on how the health roulette pans out in 2023 but the talent is getting there to really compete.

The wins don't carry over but mentally for a young team they do. I'm happy the Lions are still in it in December and were some close losses from having a real chance to make some noise in January

But keep getting experience and improving is the name of the game right now.

Agree that they have to prove it all over again next year that this current good play can be for real and consistent.

the biggest decision they are going to have to make is at QB. Do they keep goof and continue to build around him or do they start from scratch with a rookie?

the biggest decision they are going to have to make is at QB. Do they keep goof and continue to build around him or do they start from scratch with a rookie?

Could restructure Goff, draft a rookie and build with the other 1st, two 2nds and 3rd plus a FA with some cap space even before the Goff restrucutre, Brockers cut. Maybe a Vaitai cut. Those two cuts are like 17 million extra on top of 27 million they already have going into 2023. 44 million plus a restructure (or maybe cut Romeo Okwara depending on his health and if they can bring Cominsky at a good price back with Paschal at closed end/DT). Rush End could be Hutch and Romeo though and cut Harris for 4 million. Lots of options. It isn't either or, it could be both with Goff playing early

I expect them to take a QB next draft, even if it?s a project QB. I don?t think they outright cut Goff, they either restructure or absorb the mammoth cap hit (only if there?s nobody worth spending FA money on), probably starts the year but hands over the job mid-way through.

We haven?t had a good QB controversy in a while, this should be fun.

I expect them to take a QB next draft, even if it?s a project QB. I don?t think they outright cut Goff, they either restructure or absorb the mammoth cap hit (only if there?s nobody worth spending FA money on), probably starts the year but hands over the job mid-way through.

We haven?t had a good QB controversy in a while, this should be fun.

Agree. Think at this point they keep Goff

How about Goff plays all the home games since he is good at home and the rookie plays all the road games.

Goff is 10th in QB rating, 10th in YPA, 10th in TDs, middle of the pack in picks. Even with many injuries to weapons and them trading Hock. He will be back

Last edited:
Lions win out and finish 10-7 do they make the playoffs .

Yes or No.

Back