Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL admits incorrect spot in Lions game

miggytron

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/46801/nfl-admits-incorrect-spot-in-lions-game

As you recall, referee Mike Carey's crew spotted the ball five yards away from where the San Francisco 49ers' Ted Ginn went out of bounds at the end of a critical punt return in the fourth quarter of the Detroit Lions' 25-19 loss.

Here is the NFL's statement: "The officiating crew incorrectly spotted the ball at the Detroit 35 instead of the 40 where Ted Ginn went out of bounds."

wish they would admit that they made a bad call on the chop block...

DMoney1980 said:
doinwork83 said:
5 yards past? Who does Mike Carey think he is? Devin Gardener?

nice......(man, that loss hurt....personally)

lol It does. Im a UM fan, but couldnt resist. Gardener definitely channeled his inner Orlovsky on that play. This UM loss might be the most painful of the 4....

Just a horrible weekend for Detroit/UM fans in general.

The chap block call cost us huge. We would have had it forst and 10 on the 13 instead of 2nd and 25 on the 38.. That penalty stopped us from scoring and allowed the SF to score. We still should have won though. We blew the game.

There were a few horriffic calls last Sunday.

1. The Ted Ginn spot
2. The phantom horse-collar call
3. The non-existent chop block on 'Grew.

I'm not counting though... ;)

It was just like every game in the NFL. Missed / bad calls happen on both sides of the ball.

tomdalton22 said:
It was just like every game in the NFL. Missed / bad calls happen on both sides of the ball.

No shit?? But the Lions took it in the dumper that game.

I think the refs felt bad for SF for all the penalties they already had so they stopped calling them.

tonyballs said:
tomdalton22 said:

I'm just tired of hearing people bitching about it.

tomdalton22 said:
tonyballs said:

I'm just tired of hearing people bitching about it.

Good point. I'm not one for making excuses either but we got raked over the coals on some of those terrible calls. Non-existent penalties at CRUCIAL times during the game. It was bullshit.....

It's over with now. Time to regroup and put a hurtin' on the Falcons.

Back