Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Draft all underrated team

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-all-underrated-team-050749050.html

Here are the Lions:

OFFENSE:

WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (USC), Detroit Lions, fourth round ? ?He dominated the Pac-12, has a family pedigree and is a great route runner. He?s everything that you would want from a Sunday wide receiver. He?s a game-plan challenge in the slot.

C Drake Jackson (Kentucky), Detroit Lions, undrafted free agent ? ?Flip on the film, he had no problem blocking the best defensive linemen in the country week in and week out. If he was a little taller [than 6-foot-2], he?d have been gone in Round 2. I?m shocked that he didn?t get drafted. Great communicator and such a good adjustment maker that I?ve adjusted some things [coaching] based on what he showed me on tape.? (Jackson got the most mentions, by far, of undrafted players.)

DEFENSE:

DT Alim McNeill (N.C. State), Detroit Lions, third round ? ?He?s a true two-gap run defender. We couldn?t move him or block him. He was the best interior lineman we played last year. He?s a freak.?

Last edited:
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-all-underrated-team-050749050.html

Here are the Lions:

OFFENSE:

C Drake Jackson (Kentucky), Detroit Lions, undrafted free agent ? ?Flip on the film, he had no problem blocking the best defensive linemen in the country week in and week out. If he was a little taller [than 6-foot-2], he?d have been gone in Round 2. I?m shocked that he didn?t get drafted. Great communicator and such a good adjustment maker that I?ve adjusted some things [coaching] based on what he showed me on tape.? (Jackson got the most mentions, by far, of undrafted players.)

From what I read before the draft, the knock is that he is a one position guy and that's why he fell. The risk on him is that if you're set at center, which we are, he will never see the field. If he can prove himself to be capable at guard his value with go up dramatically.

Last edited:
I like the Lions draft...of course not all positions that needed (more) upgrades got them, such as LB, S, EDGE, CB, and WR, but I figure the team to run much more on offense and perhaps some additions can still be made after roster cutdowns occur prior to the start of the season.

From what I read before the draft, the knock is that he is a one position guy and that's why he fell. The risk on him is that if you're set at center, which we are, he will never see the field. If he can prove himself to be capable at guard his value with go up dramatically.

Nothing wrong with having a backup C in case of injury, even if he is somewhat undersized. Jackson could also play as a learning C during garbage time late in games. But as a UDFA, he is probably going to wind up on the PS @ best.

Last edited:
You need 8-9 offensive lineman each game. The problem I imagine its harder to get reps as an undrafted player..

Back