Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL missed 7 penalties against the Lions

Funny thing is refs miss calls every game. The problem in the Lions game is that they were some pretty big misses.

If you went through the tape im sure you could find another 10 blown calls on both sides. The problem is the blown calls had big momentum swings. Killed a drive for us and kept a drive going for the Cowboys

You're right. They should have thrown it, marked it off, announced the penalty, and picked it up a minute later with no explanation, and then had a mental patient run onto the field like a crazed lunatic. That would have made it even Steven.

I don't think missing a call completely is better than a calling, no calling penalty.

Last edited:
I don't think its the missed calls at all, those happen every game and are expected since a lot of penalties are judgement calls. The problem with that game was they actually called a penalty and announced it to the world and then decided nope, not a penalty. Caldwell should have ran onto the field screaming "no take backsies".

NFL is just deflecting from the two biggest misses....By doing this just confirms it...
It doesn't matter... Only way the lions are ever making the SB the way the NFL Mafia is configured is by shutting teams out.... Pretty apparent something fishy went on from the picked up flag to the rest of the game..... deflect, deflect. Deflect....

It was a poorly called game on both sides. That's what happens when you have a bunch of refs on the field that never work with each other and are on the bottom 50% of their respective positions.

Time to let it go. Heard there was some billboard that whined about the refs posted on the freeway.

Let's move on here.

I don't think its the missed calls at all, those happen every game and are expected since a lot of penalties are judgement calls. The problem with that game was they actually called a penalty and announced it to the world and then decided nope, not a penalty. Caldwell should have ran onto the field screaming "no take backsies".

Oh I get that. Though I suspect if they talked it over and picked it up.. before calling a penalty we'd still be hearing how we got screwed.

Time to let it go. Heard there was some billboard that whined about the refs posted on the freeway.

Let's move on here.

We shall not move on until there is a super bowl..buckle down this could go on the the rest of enternity

Last edited:
I get we are all frustrated, it was a horrible, horrible decision to pick up that flag.

But the whining is enough after a week. Thank god we have the Pistons.

All I can add to this before I walk away from it is that this announcement comes to light in the same day the NFL is exonerated in their role in the Ray Rice scandal by an independent investigator who determined there was "no evidence" they ever saw the tape.

No evidence like their signature produced by Atlantic City P.D. confirming receipt of the tape.

No evidence like the voicemail left by someone at the NFL offices saying "It's horrible. It's bad". after watching it... which they obviously didn't do.

The same day the NFL tries to deflect any blame here by claiming they found even more penalties against the Lions that were missed, the investigator THEY hired, has absolved them of wrong doing.

Yep, I dunno bout anyone else, but I can't see any reason to question the integrity of the NFL at this juncture.

And now, on with our regularly scheduled off-season.

I get we are all frustrated, it was a horrible, horrible decision to pick up that flag.

But the whining is enough after a week. Thank god we have the Pistons.

That winning streak couldn't have come at a better time.

That winning streak couldn't have come at a better time.

Prolly rigged they all know detroit fans need a pick me up, they'll let em make the playoffs then crush you again, good thing not much of a basketball fan and don't care about the integrity there Lol

Last edited:
Looks like everybody missed this one, wasn't suh thougn so it's ok

B6jALzDCUAAGFgk.jpg:large

Yep, I dunno bout anyone else, but I can't see any reason to question the integrity of the NFL at this juncture.

Trying to cover your ass for fuckups is one thing. A conspiracy to control playoff wins based on ratings or other things is quite another.

Besides, the words "integrity" and "National Football League" have never gone hand in hand, let alone at this juncture.

I agree with everyone that says it's time to move on, its kinda hard to forget about it though since I live 150 miles from Dallas and everyone has been talking about this shit and the Green bay game all damn week.. Just thinking about it puts a bad taste in my mouth. I hope GB mops the freaking floor with them.

Back