Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nick Saban's a moron

jever4321

Asking your red shirt freshman kicker to hit a 56 yard field goal with one second left is absurd. Wtf was he thinking? What a doosh bag.

Going for 2 against OSU was the right call. You don't play for OT if you're Hoke.

57 yard field goal with a freshman kicker?! You kneel and go for OT. Avoiding possible OT was the smart move in AA, the dumb move at Auburn.

Going for 2 against OSU was the right call. You don't play for OT if you're Hoke.

57 yard field goal with a freshman kicker?! You kneel and go for OT. Avoiding possible OT was the smart move in AA, the dumb move at Auburn.

Totally agree.

This makes UM's loss hurt just a little more. I can't believe UM was 1 play from destroying Ohio's hopes and now they have all the hope in the world.

Auburn scored a td with 32 seconds left and kicked the PAT. No question about even possibly going for 2. I'd say it worked out pretty well for them

I don't like Hoke going for 2. Yeah, i get it. It's ballsy. blah blah blah

Auburn is at home. They play for OT

Michigan was at home.

Auburn scored a td with 32 seconds left and kicked the PAT. No question about even possibly going for 2. I'd say it worked out pretty well for them

Michigan was at home.

Well, wouldn't you agree that Auburn's defense fared a little better against Alabama's offense than did Michigan's defense against Ohio State's? Wouldn't you agree that Malzahn was a "little" more confident in his defense's ability to keep Alabama out of the endzone than was Hoke's confidence in Michigan's?

I still think going for 2 was the right call. Our D hadnt stopped them all game. Where as Auburn had really played well on both sides of the ball vs Bama and their kicking game was a mess.

Well, wouldn't you agree that it would've been nice to see it?

I know. You loved it, because it's 'gutsy'.

wooo for gutsy.

True, it was gutsy. But Mesko's fake punt at MSU was gutsy too.

Going for 2 today? It was smart. Period.

If you think going to OT gave Michigan a better chance to win than going for two, you're entitled to that opinion.

And I'd love to see your defense to it. I'd love to read about how Michigan had a better chance of winning in OT than it did in going for two.

I'm being serious. Think it over and get back to us.

Michigan has had trouble in short yardage all season, now you're putting it all on the line in short yardage against one of the better defenses in the big 10 and you've already acknowledged that OSU had better athletes on both sides of the ball.

Michigan is at home.

In a play like that, the advantage obviously goes to the team with the better athletes. Maybe a less athletic team can overcome the disadvantage with good playcalling, but we already knew that we didn't have that and that we probably weren't going to get that.

saban should have went up 2 scores late in the game but decided against it....that's what lost them the game. well....that and the 4 missed fgs lol.

Michigan was at home.

Unlike that game, our QB was limping around on the field and our defense couldn't stop their offense. If we had gone to overtime, chances were very high we would lose. I'd rather go for 2 from the 2 with one play than trust that defense to stop Hyde and Miller.

The coaching decisions that killed us were at the end of the 2nd quarter and going for it on 4th down instead of the FG.

Going for 2, the chances were very high that we would lose.

Do you disagree?

Going for 2, the chances were very high that we would lose.

Do you disagree?

I do disagree. We'd been in that position several times already in the game (from the 1 or 2) and punched it in for the td at least half the times. I'd take a 50% chance of victory over putting a tired defense back on a short field against a team who had been shredding our offense (edit: Defense).

Michigan has had trouble in short yardage all season, now you're putting it all on the line in short yardage against one of the better defenses in the big 10 and you've already acknowledged that OSU had better athletes on both sides of the ball.

Except that today they had touchdowns on a 1 yd run, a 4 yd run, a 2 yd pass, and another 2 yd pass. So yeah, I like the chances of scoring from the 2 1/2. Not wild about the particular play call. But they did not struggle on short yardage today.

I do disagree. We'd been in that position several times already in the game (from the 1 or 2) and punched it in for the td at least half the times. I'd take a 50% chance of victory over putting a tired defense back on a short field against a team who had been shredding our offense.

agreed...I put a 2 pt conversion at about 50% which is way higher than us pulling out a win in OT imo.

agreed...I put a 2 pt conversion at about 50% which is way higher than us pulling out a win in OT imo.

If Gardner wasn't gimpy and the defense had proven they could stop Braxton Miller and Carlos Danger, I would have rather gone to Overtime. Easily. No second thought needed. Kick the XP.

I don't know how long Gardner would have lasted with another hit or having to scramble again. Not to mention, if we had to kick a fg, we had a guy who missed a 30 yarder (lucky Hoke called a TO) earlier in the game. No, you throw your money down on the table and understand that DG can at least get you two yards. It was just a horrible decision by him and an even worse pass. I would have liked to see him hobble (roll out) and see if he could draw a defender in and sneak a pass by him, but that didn't happen.

It was the right call.

Back