Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No adjustments....

tonyballs

When is it going to be enough? Lombardi needs to go!!! And Caldwell just lets this shit go down?! How did Stafford take that beating in the 2nd half?? Worst OL performance to date!!!

Worst offensive line play I've ever seen

Unreal, man! It's like Stafford pissed someone off lol. OLinemen olaying DLinemen straight to the QB. Somebody needs to be fired immediately for this. Starting with Joe and I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Caldwell needs to go too. He oversees all this shit and just lets it happen. They DO NOT know how to make adjustments! How the fuck is that possible???

It shouldn't be possible, that's the most important aspect of their jobs, being able to adjust. Not only does Caldwell oversee it, but he has stood behind him, and openly said he beieves there is nothing wrong. Both guys need to go

Last edited:
Caldwell could be a extra on The Walking Dead. The Guy is a freaking Zombie of a head coach.

Worst offensive line play I've ever seen

Detroit was blocking 6 and 7 guys.......and Minnesota was bringing 4 or 5 and guys were running in untouched.

It's like the Oline had never seen a blitz before.

Here's a question I have, though. Why not utilize Riddick out of the backfield on situations like that? He is quite literally uncoverable and gets bit chunks of YAC. We only seem to do that in a 2 minute situations. Seems to me that if they are bringing heat, I would make sense to get the ball in his hands against a LB and let him run. Someone tell Lombardi Riddick can be used at any time in the game.....nut just the last 2 minutes of a half.

I don't know. 1000 things I would do differently if I were Lombardi. He needs to go.

Detroit was blocking 6 and 7 guys.......and Minnesota was bringing 4 or 5 and guys were running in untouched.

It's like the Oline had never seen a blitz before.

Here's a question I have, though. Why not utilize Riddick out of the backfield on situations like that? He is quite literally uncoverable and gets bit chunks of YAC. We only seem to do that in a 2 minute situations. Seems to me that if they are bringing heat, I would make sense to get the ball in his hands against a LB and let him run. Someone tell Lombardi Riddick can be used at any time in the game.....nut just the last 2 minutes of a half.

I don't know. 1000 things I would do differently if I were Lombardi. He needs to go.

He reminds me of Sproles or Woodhead. He should be getting 10-15 rushes/targets a game. At least 7 passes thrown his way every game.

Maybe they did adjust but they were the wrong adjustments or it was a miscommunication and someone on the Oline ran the wrong play. It's not like the Vikings brought the same exact blitz. Sometimes it was Barr, sometimes it was Kendricks, sometimes it was Greenway, sometimes it was Harrison Smith.

And that Everson Griffen sack where Swanson pulled and Reiff helped Laken, the Oline had to be thinking it was a running play.

I'm not sure what adjustments need to be made. People early were bitching about utilizing too short of throws, saying the play calling was horrible, they need deep throws down the field.
Now people are complaining about not using enough quick short throws.

Not sure why there are so many guys coming in unblocked, not sure if it is a talent issue (oline), a protection calling issue (Stafford), or play calls (Lombardi) most likely a combination of the three.

All we know is Mayhew has not put together a team, he needs to go regardless. Both the coaches and players he has picked do not seem to work together. When you have Goldilocks as your QB (everything needs to be just right), you can't have a team with this many holes. If a single person fails on the offense on a given play, the play has no chance at success.

Last edited:
No QB in this league could have done well with that blocking.

And we might just be dealing with a good defense in Minnesota.

Lions have scored 17, 16,16 and 19 against Zimmer. Vikings are giving up 16.6 PPG (2nd in league) coming in.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what adjustments need to be made. People early were bitching about utilizing too short of throws, saying the play calling was horrible, they need deep throws down the field.

Not sure why there are so many guys coming in unblocked, not sure if it is a talent issue (oline), a protection calling issue (Stafford), or play calls (Lombardi) most likely a combination of the three.

All we know is Mayhew has not put together a team, he needs to go regardless. Both the coaches and players he has picked do not seem to work together. When you have Goldilocks as your QB (everything needs to be just right), you can't have a team with this many holes. If a single person fails on the offense on a given play, the play has no chance at success.

I think it's just about Riddick when talking about short throws. I still remember the games, in particular Denver, Seattle, and Arizona. Meaning I'd like to see what Matt in particular can do on the road against decent competition before I give him a pass on the season. Regardless the shitty OL.

Even a mobile QB would of had trouble today. Stafford was not the biggest issue today. Although it is possible his protection calls were part of the issue.

You're not sure??? Did you even watch the game?? Stafford and the O were having their way with Minnesota for almost 2 quarters. Minny started to bring more pressure from their LBs and secondary. Detroit never adjusted to it. Yes, it's on Stafford to recognize where the blitz "may" be coming from but it's also on the OLine and especially Lombardi whose in the fn booth and can see the whole damn field. OLinemen were letting players run free reign at our QB. I haven't seen anything like that in a while. And still nobody is fired when i wake up today. It's a motherfucking nightmare of a situation. What are they waiting for? I don't get it...lol

They'll probably shift around the OL coach.

Last edited:
Even a mobile QB would of had trouble today. Stafford was not the biggest issue today. Although it is possible his protection calls were part of the issue.

Maybe, but Tomlinson looked completely lost out there.

Not even a young Mike Vick was escaping that mess, bro.

I was responding to LKP...he said no other QB could have done well...I just said that a mobile QB could have done better. He would have still been pressured and taken some sacks but being mobile helps when the OL sucks!

Back