Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No Calderon, point gaurd for Pistons

I don't see them pulling the trigger on a PG now. Billups and Bynum signed, no amnesty on Charlie V. Knight and Stuckey have been forced into some PG roles before, so Siva will have to play in Europe. Regardless, I think we'll see some real improvement this season. Plus, aren't Stuckey and CV off the books next season?

Yes they are and each one makes $8.5M.

Yes they are and each one makes $8.5M.

Theoretically we could throw the max at someone like John Wall (which would be matched) next year, but the PG crop is very weak in UFAs. The more likely scenario is that we make a trade during the season for superfluous PGs like Dragic, Vasquez, or Thomas.

Theoretically we could throw the max at someone like John Wall (which would be matched) next year, but the PG crop is very weak in UFAs. The more likely scenario is that we make a trade during the season for superfluous PGs like Dragic, Vasquez, or Thomas.

I don't think I want John Wall as the PG of the Pistons.

I don't think I want John Wall as the PG of the Pistons.

I'm not widely excited about his injury history or broken shot, but a true passer at 6'4" with his athleticism is incredibly tantalizing. Check out his second half last year (when he was fully healthy), he was killing it on both ends of the floor. Of course, it's moot since Washington would match any offer he receives (and they are probably working on an extension already).

The point is really that the Piston do desperately need a PG, and FA next year is going to be just as much a crapshoot as this year for that position. There is one guy at the top (Paul this year, Wall next), and everybody else on the market is old, a questionable fit, or not really starting caliber.

Back