Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not sure what to make of this...

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/01/report_ndamukong_suh_was_uncon.html#incart_river

Reading the comments below is interesting as well. Did this really happen? If so, what does this mean going forward? If there really is a major problem, can Detroit afford to just let him go after his contract is up (trading him now would be a real cap killer if I'm not mistaken).

Heres what to make of this:

1) Suh is a douche
2) Schwartz was a douche
3) Heath Evans doesn't have any sources
4) You don't really need sources to know Suh is a douche
5) Caldwell reals him in and we sign him to an extension or else hes gone to the highest bidder after next year anyways. No way we can afford a 28 mil cap number on a tag.

Heath Evans? Geez would have more credible if they had just stuck to the unnamed sources shtick.

I don't trust either side

Evans is trying to make a splash

Teammates will defend teammates

Another report that wouldn't surprise me if it were true, but I won't buy into it yet

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/02/ndamukong_suh_wasnt_late_for_s.html

Heath Evans is full of crap per cj mosely.

Media will just make up shit to bash suh. Suh extension. Love him as a lion

This is all anybody needs to hear. Heath Evans is a fn joke!! Late for team meetings or "whatever it may be" to show his power over Schwartz? LOL! Cmon, man, what are they then?? You're full of shit, Heath! Come out with names and actual facts then maybe someone will believe you. Until then, shut your fn mouth.

Last edited:
I don't understand the "power struggle" accusation between Suh and Schwartz. What would the power struggle be?

I'd bet any money that his source was Lawrence Jackson

who do we believe then

You believe Suh and his teammates. It's a non-story anyways. Super Bowl's in town. Heath Evans trying to make a name for himself, he stands on a soap box and says listen to me, wait until you hear the news I have on one of the best DTs in the game!! Heath Evans is a nobody and he was a nobody when he played in the NFL. He has zero credibility!! I will guarantee you Evans backtracks on this story ...watch.

Evans and Sapp are full of shit. Not a damn source in the world and looking for anything to nitpick on. It's almost a bigger reason for me than just being a winner now; just these reporters and "analysts" having the decency enough to leave this team the hell alone instead of it being so easy to cry foul about because there's nothing controversial going on at the moment.

It's all irrelevant anyway...if these reports are true, the Lions already know about it. If they're bullshit...the Lions already know about it. And the Lions will determine if they want to re-sign him.

Last edited:
It's all irrelevant anyway...if these reports are true, the Lions already know about it. If they're bullshit...the Lions already know about it. And the Lions will determine if they want to re-sign him.

It is irrelevant, you're right. Voted Captain by his "teammates". It's all we need to know how his teammates feel about him, they respect him

Last edited:
Another thing to take into account: I wonder whether some of Suh's behavior was a reaction to poor leadership and decision making by the coaching staff. IOW, (if there is any shred of truth to the story) was Suh wrong to rebel against Jim Shorts? Perhaps it could be looked at as a sign of player leadership in some way.

Now that I read what I just wrote, I'm not sure I actually think it could be viewed that way (ask the Pistons about players revolting against coaches and the negative effects). Any one else have a thought along these lines?

Back