Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not Very Famous Guy also not Very Dead

tinselwolverine

I never heard of this guy until I heard a report that he isn?t dead.

I guess sports fans in New York might know who he is.

Now everyone around the world I guess knows who he is, and they know who he is because he isn?t dead.

the queen of england is purportedly near death. We'll have to have a thread on that, or not, since fuck that particular monarchy.

My ancestors didn't fight and die in the Revolutionary War just so I could care about a British monarch 240 years later

the queen of england is purportedly near death. We'll have to have a thread on that, or not, since fuck that particular monarchy.

My ancestors didn't fight and die in the Revolutionary War just so I could care about a British monarch 240 years later

Your ancestors got here really early. All of mine came over on boats in the early 1900's. Technically, since my grandfather was English, our ancestors fought against each other 240 years ago.

Your ancestors got here really early. All of mine came over on boats in the early 1900's. Technically, since my grandfather was English, our ancestors fought against each other 240 years ago.

yeah, mine too. I just like to pretend mine fought in that war whenever it gives me a chance to make fun of our media fawning all over the British monarchy

All came here either in the decade before WWI or directly because of it.

No slaveowners in my past.

I thought about starting that thread before the fact, kind of as a joke.

Pretty sick I guess, but it?s funny to me.

Because we had the Tanya Roberts thread prematurely, and then I heard Tony Dow was dead, and before I could start the thread I heard no, not quite.

EDIT: Oh right, Anne Heche too, how could I forget, it just happened.

Is she dead yet? Or is she just brain dead?

That was a dilemma.

Last edited:
Had you heard of the guy before you learned he isn?t dead?

I was wondering because you?re a sports fan who lives in the metro area.

I had not but I've almost exclusively followed college sports during the 20 years I've lived out here - and primarily B1G ten. Other than some basketball schools a few hours away, the area doesn't have any good local college sports. Plenty of fans, especially transplants but it's not NY is not a big college sports market.

I had not but I've almost exclusively followed college sports during the 20 years I've lived out here - and primarily B1G ten. Other than some basketball schools a few hours away, the area doesn't have any good local college sports. Plenty of fans, especially transplants but it's not NY is not a big college sports market.

OK.

Now that you know who he is, I would imagine you?re relieved to learn that he?s not dead.

I know I was when I first heard it.

I thought about starting that thread before the fact, kind of as a joke.

Pretty sick I guess, but it?s funny to me.

Because we had the Tanya Roberts thread prematurely, and then I heard Tony Dow was dead, and before I could start the thread I heard no, not quite.

EDIT: Oh right, Anne Heche too, how could I forget, it just happened.

Is she dead yet? Or is she just brain dead?

That was a dilemma.

pretty sure she's dead.

Back